• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want to love you but I don't know if I can...

odindra

Oct 4, 2010
Earth
OK, I have a question/concern/complaint I guess. I just got my Atrix yesterday from Best Buy after returning the Inspire still under my 30 day period expiring in about 2 weeks. First impressions not so great. When still in the store I was trying to setup my Facebook account and when typing in my name the letter z kept getting pushed. I NEVER pushed the button for z. I locked the phone unlocked and still would happen CONTINUOUSLY. I couldn't get it to stop unless I locked the phone, no other button pushes were recognized or were responsive. Finally it stopped after I rebooted. Oh well, no biggie.

Well, the same problem persists. I'll open an application, say messaging and when I open the dialog box several letters are entered w.o me even touching it past the one touch to open the display box. It will continue to do this for times at end involving this process; open msgs>bring up dialog box> type in random letters/symbols>get disgusted and annoyed>try to stop by pushing delete or close> reopen to have it happen again> close> reopen to event still happening> lock phone> unlock> still the same> wait> try to close prgrm> lock phone> open> NOW able to type. Not always the same # of steps but close nonetheless.

To add insult to injury when I landscape the phone in the dialog box and lightly squeeze the phone by the volume rocker or sometimes pressing the volume rocker the letter "W" is pressed. So if for w/e reason I can't type anymore I now know that I can at least type "w" w/o pressing on the keypad.

Not only am I having problems with keys being pushed that I haven't even come in contact with, but some apps won't even respond when first opened. I have to open>close>reopen most of the time. ANNOYING. But if I do manage to open it and it works fine, then later down the road it freezes again. WTH. Not only that but when I first got my Atrix I couldn't open the camera or camcorder and got the stupid message along the lines of "oops sorry but your camera cannnot be opened try again later" HUH?

The responsiveness of the phone is something left to be desired. I was trying to auto correct "I'll" when typing in a msg but what I kept hitting was I'm and ill. After several attempts I gave up and spelled it manually.

Anyone else experiencing similar or the same problems? Could this be a lemon or is it more or less how the phone operates on a daily basis? I don't believe a phone needs a "break in" period much like how cars do but I could be mistaken.

I've only had it for about a day but with the lagginess, unresponsiveness, and overall tiny text things aren't looking too great. :eek:

On the other hand in comparison to my old Captivate and the short run time I had with the Inspire, both the Inspire and Atrix blow the Captivate out of the water, IMO. The GPS' are great, can lock even in doors :eek:, camera I think is best on Inspire for video and pics out of the three (This is based on screen preference. Yes SAMOLED is nice but I don't think it's the best.) LED notification is a nice touch. The speaker is weak on the Inspire but great on the Atrix. Haven't tested call quality too much on the Atrix but on the Inpsire was much better than the Cappy. The screen is a matter of pref of course but I think I like the Inspire's so far, SLCD with a vivid contrast but only downside is weak in the sun :(. Haven't really tested the Atrix out in the sun yet but the clarity and vividness is absolutely great.

I think I might put a comparison review of all three once I'm done with the Atrix which might be sooner than expected which kinda sucks b.c when these phones were first coming out with info I was leaning towards the Atrix thinking that I could hold onto it for the whole 2yr contract extension. Now I'm not too sure. A great phone with a whole lot of potential but with everyday quirks and limitations put this phone lower on the list than originally had hoped for. Let's see how the next few days roll out. :rolleyes:

I admit, really didn't do an interweb search, well an extensive one at least. I'm taking it back as it does seem to be buggy from time to time. I hope they have one nearby though as I got it from Best Buy. Waould I be able to exchange from ATT though instead? I was just saying that for a brand new 200 phoneits frustrating to have so many glitches and issues right off the bat but never had a lemon either and i hope it's just that :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones