• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I want to partition my SD card

PRkid

Android Enthusiast
Jun 16, 2011
Bronx, NY
Is there a way to do it? I partitioned my SD card when I had it on my Huawei Ascend. But I want to do it again, for this phone. The way I did it before, was on Rom Manager while on CM7. I tried to do it again, but the phone isn't listed on the Clock Work recovery, thing. Steps on how/what to do? I have a 4gb SD card, btw.

Is there a way to do it? I partitioned my SD card when I had it on my Huawei Ascend. But I want to do it again, for this phone. The way I did it before, was on Rom Manager while on CM7. I tried to do it again, but the phone isn't listed on the Clock Work recovery, thing. Steps on how/what to do? I have a 4gb SD card, btw.

in not really sure but can't u do that on recovery mode

Upvote 0
If you partition an ext to the sd card you can run DarkTremors app2sd. Unlike the stock one and ones on the market the scripts automatically moves all apps, even ones that arent "moveable" to the sd card. It tricks them all to thinking they are still on the phones memory. Also when you do run it and it moves your apps on boot, ALL your widgets are still available. If you move apps with the stock a2sd or ones from the market you will lose the ability to use alot of your widgets because they arent suppose to run off the sd card. Also you can put all your Dalvik cache to rrun off the sd card which in all means more space which theoretically means a faster phone. And you can also partition a Linux swap on the sd card and have a swap partition for the ram.

Reactions: gbiggie
Upvote 0
If you partition an ext to the sd card you can run DarkTremors app2sd. Unlike the stock one and ones on the market the scripts automatically moves all apps, even ones that arent "moveable" to the sd card. It tricks them all to thinking they are still on the phones memory. Also when you do run it and it moves your apps on boot, ALL your widgets are still available. If you move apps with the stock a2sd or ones from the market you will lose the ability to use alot of your widgets because they arent suppose to run off the sd card. Also you can put all your Dalvik cache to rrun off the sd card which in all means more space which theoretically means a faster phone. And you can also partition a Linux swap on the sd card and have a swap partition for the ram.

Yea, thats why I want to do it.. It sounds sooooo perfect!! I'll be more than 110% happy, if I was able to partition my SD card :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones