1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support i want to roll back my old os gingerbread 2.3.4.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shajinbd, May 4, 2012.

1. shajinbd

shajinbd Lurker
    None

May 4, 2012
    recently im setup ice cream sandwich on my samsung glaxy S II...and im getting some problem thats why i want to roll back my old os gingerbread 2.3.4.....if it posssible plz let me know

Advertisement

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    Before you go downgrading, mind explaining what are your problems? Sometimes its to do with firmware clashing and a factory reset / wipe cache would clear the issues.

If you just don't like ICS, then yes, you can get GB back. Just need to flash with ODIN the right stuff. But if your problems is due to firmware clashing, the problems might still be there even in GB until you factory reset.

For flashing ICS to GB I think there is a thread for that. Its in the root section, but its actually not necessary to root.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/530779-going-back-gingerbread.html

3. Spiritine

Spiritine Newbie

Jan 4, 2011
    I have the S2 and updated last week and I also don't like it, its introduced some lag with the phone, some areas are not as responsive anymore, and the screen wouldn't time out yesterday until i rebooted, don't know if that will start happening again. Battery life seems to have taken a small hit also, power bar widget seems to be broken? its huge now, The screen-touch just stops working for no reason also, and i found its impossible to draw stuff on screen now either (when the screen is responding), that's just a couple of reasons I can think of off the top of my head, that I ended up in this thread because I'm also thinking of rolling back, I thought the phone was quicker on GB

I might try a factory reset as you suggested to the other guy, but I don't think that'd speed up the phone which bothers me most

4. kwomack01

kwomack01 Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2012
    yea, I upgraded also, and since, mine has been Very SLOW and sluggish. Before, it ran fast and smooth.. now it is like my phone is bog down. Anyone shoot me a link or the way to roll it by without rooting or such?