• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want to send mail but not receive it on a LG G2

lipwak

Lurker
Feb 4, 2019
Hi,

I want to send but not receive e-mail on my phone. I have set up an iPad and an iPhone to do that with gmail but am not getting anywhere trying to do that with the e-mail app on a LG G2 running OS 5.0.2. I use Pop3, not IMAP.

What I've done in the past is to set up nonsense entries for the incoming server but the correct info for the outgoing server. This isn't working on this phone yet. Android doesn't offer a gmail option in the presets so I choose Other. I put my real gmail address and real password in the first screen. That doesn't work so I chose manual setup, choosing POP3. The next screen is incoming server info. I put in the nonsense using the expected formatting. I put the correct info in for outgoing server. It can't connect.

Is there some way I can outsmart this so I can send but not receive e-mail on this phone? (I receive it on my MacBook Pro and that works fine with the proper settings...)

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones