• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I was holding out for a nexus (marlin)...

xyourxhighnessx

Android Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2015
But much like last year i opted to go with the (original lg g stylo) in place of a 6p...and this year i had ny money ready...but of course a 99 dollar monster of a cell phone heads my way from zte/metro.

A small part of me is tempted to still go the marlin route but when i consider its going to cost probably 500 (much like the 6p) and this device here is 100. Seems like ill probably let my gf win the debate.

99 dollars
32gb storage
2gb ram
Micro sd slot expands storage up to 256gb extra space)
Snapdragon 617 (for a 99 dollar device thats really good)
Fingerprint sensor.

Its really incredible. The only complaints i could make is no gyro...no removable battery...lcd screen instead of amoled. And yes i know for.99 those added features would be unreasonable but had they heen.been inclueed i would've gladly payed double for this phone.

I do have a question..most of my devices are rooted so i havent been able to check but isnt android pay worthless without an nfc chip?

Also correct me if im wrong but on paper the zte zmax pro > lg g stylo 2

Also. Either device likely to receive android N?

I can agree with that ( stylo more likely to get the update) especially since now i understand this will be a metro exclusive/not coming to T-Mobile)

I hate it when this happens and im forces to make a choice. I think im gonna try to hold off on the zte zmax pro until i at least see what the marlin version will cost and go from there because a gyro...amoled display and nfc all seem increasingly important.

Even though ive never owned a zte device before (or even used one) the fact that its mostly stock os and such a great deal for what the device offers vs cost i have confidence that development will be A+ here on the forums

Does this device have quick charge? Im pretty sure the snap dragon 617 supports it.

Upvote 0
I can agree with that ( stylo more likely to get the update) especially since now i understand this will be a metro exclusive/not coming to T-Mobile)

I hate it when this happens and im forces to make a choice. I think im gonna try to hold off on the zte zmax pro until i at least see what the marlin version will cost and go from there because a gyro...amoled display and nfc all seem increasingly important.

Even though ive never owned a zte device before (or even used one) the fact that its mostly stock os and such a great deal for what the device offers vs cost i have confidence that development will be A+ here on the forums

Does this device have quick charge? Im pretty sure the snap dragon 617 supports it.

I've read in one place that it does have fast charge and read in another place that it does not.

Upvote 0
@xyourxhighnessxit looks like the zmax pro has a gyroscope after all. It's not uncommon for spec sheets to miss something this early in the game.
29336fda8e2c104bc976f6da909fa389.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones