1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I was offered $150 off the unsubsudized price of a Galaxy S3 - Good deal?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Kgor93, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Kgor93

Kgor93 Member

So I walked into a Best Buy Mobile store today at my mall to check out the new S3 I'm considering buying. I talked to the salesman on duty and told him that I would have to buy it unsubsidized because I'm a prepaid user (broke college student). Anyway, he offered me $150 off if I bought it today. I didn't think to ask for a full price, but I think the unsubsidized price is $549 (correct me if I'm wrong), so would $400 be a good deal? It would be the 16GB version.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

yes $549 is the official price (i could have sworn it was closer to 600) and to get it for $400 off contract? that is a pretty good deal. you can always upgrade the 16gb to 32 gb if you ever need it(doubt you will thought). but i believe the deal they are making for you is pretty decent. but thats just my opinion.

3. B2L

B2L Android Expert

That's a great deal, discounts are rarely given on unsubsidized devices.

4. gregs887

gregs887 Android Enthusiast

A little Google-fu shows that the S3 is currently on sale for $749.99 off contract so that would put you at $600. If money is an issue take a look at the Galaxy Nexus, someone mentioned the other day that Verizion is giving them away subsidized for a penny. Or you can buy it straight from Google and own it outright for $350 (GSM model).