• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I was offered $150 off the unsubsudized price of a Galaxy S3 - Good deal?

Kgor93

Aug 13, 2012
So I walked into a Best Buy Mobile store today at my mall to check out the new S3 I'm considering buying. I talked to the salesman on duty and told him that I would have to buy it unsubsidized because I'm a prepaid user (broke college student). Anyway, he offered me $150 off if I bought it today. I didn't think to ask for a full price, but I think the unsubsidized price is $549 (correct me if I'm wrong), so would $400 be a good deal? It would be the 16GB version.

A little Google-fu shows that the S3 is currently on sale for $749.99 off contract so that would put you at $600. If money is an issue take a look at the Galaxy Nexus, someone mentioned the other day that Verizion is giving them away subsidized for a penny. Or you can buy it straight from Google and own it outright for $350 (GSM model).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones