• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
If its rooted and stock apps removed odds are it wouldnt take an ota update. Be careful what you remove and play around with as there is no recovery for this phone and removing the wrong stuff or playing around with the wrong things could cause a brick. Dont expect much development for this phone either as it does have a locked bootloader.

Reactions: ohmannuel
Upvote 0
I wouldnt touch anything system oriented. Anything metro should be fine. Except maybe my metro. I know removing the sprint id and sprint zone apps on sprint phones can cause a soft brick. Anything setup related to dont touch itll brick your phone. Id stay away from any kind of build prop tweaks or changing the screen dpi also. It will cause a brick most likely. An easier method is to freeze apps because you can always unfreeze them if you notice anything. Also a hard reset will automatically unfreeze any apps u have frozen so it will stop any bricking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones