• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I went into the Verizon store

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may sound a little lame but I will say it anyway. The Eris, at least to me, is by far one of the better looking phones out there.

I agree. The Eris is a good looking piece of hardware. It feels nice in the hand also. They did a great job on designing the form factor. And it really does a great job for it's intended market. It's an entry level Android device. Having come from WinMo smartphones, it's far more pleasing to use than any of those that I owned.

Upvote 0
All I ever wanted was the performance of the phone to be top-notch. If the Incredible is more of the same but with what seems to be crappier hardware (that optical thingy is gonna get scratched in your pocket) then screw it.

I just wish a root method was found for 2.1. I don't see why it took four months for 1.5 and 2.1 is still up in the air.

If summer rolls around and there's still nothing, I'll definitely have enough time to teach myself this and figure it out myself. Never satisfied until you see for yourself how "tough" it is to find an exploit. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Lol, I don't care how the phone looks the Eris is just ridiculous slow. I don't know about you but im more interested in using my phone than looking at it. My incredible is a dream come true. No more worrying about dealing with task killer apps to free up memory, no more frustrating lag. Incredible is a liquid smooth dream come true. Easily 4 times faster than the Eris.

Dude, you just need to slow down...just over a decade ago we were all using 56k modems and thought that was fast (and a few years before that 14.4!)...people are so damn impatient...

It has some lag occasionally but its still a great phone!

Upvote 0
In all fairness, if Trident was as bad as you are trying to make him out to be you would have already been banned for pretty much attacking him on an open forum.

Being a regular member, premium member, guide, mod, admin, having a high post count, having a high thanks count or any of the other "ranking" stuff on these forums doesn't make someone a roll model or a better person than anyone else. It is just a mark on your account or a position on the forum. Nothing more and nothing less. None of these things makes anyone smarter or better than anyone else. No human being should ever be held to a standard higher than being human. Everyone makes mistakes and some people do things that others don't agree with. Our mistakes make us human and our opinions make us individuals. Take either of those away and you become half of what you are.

Many of us are upset about the resent negative turn that the forum has taken, please let's not add fuel to the fire and make it worse.
Ding Ding Ding, give that women a cookie. :D

i have asked the admins to create a non carrier, non phone section where any and all comparisons of phones and gadgets be made without having to fall into the typical bias. posting such i love my phone now or its better than your phone type of threads usually lead to problems. So far the admins are thinking it over. In the meantime, as much as I like for such threads to be discuss in an rational manner, i have yet to see one. I understand the OP reason for such a thread, but there are those within it that ruin it for others.
Therefore, i do not need to clean up this thread cause i will just close it.

But i will say this, all staff needs to be respected that includes guides, moderators and admins. Deviating from that simple guideline is uncalled for and certainly in my eyes not tolerated. Guides are the eyes and ears of moderators which naturally we can't be everywhere. As such they deserve the respect you all would like to receive in return. i can easily give out a ban or two to those in this thread for not following that simple rule, but I'll let it slide this one time only. I'll just give out an infraction, next time, trust me I won't be so generous.

TS out

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones