1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I will build your app for free

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by uho, Jul 16, 2011.

1. uho

uho Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    Hey guys, I'm at a hackathon and we need ideas to build apps. Throw your ideas out here and I'll build the best one in the next 24 hours :)

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
  3. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    My favorite one in the post linked above is

In addition to location data, which can be done with pics by default. And maybe a way to disable it, like hold the vol key while unlocking so you dont use battery and such sending pics of yourself to yourself.

I didnt look through much else. My idea isnt nearly as cool but seems easy enough, an app for girlsinyogapants.com, theres already one but its bare and doesnt appear to be suppoted anymore. But the idea above is much better

4. romraker

romraker Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    That can turn my txt into larger ascii words automatically. When I type a mssg, app then click convert it to bigger words using ascii then I click send, maybe even have a database of pics to pick from and send.

5. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Probably too ambitious for the time you are going to have, but a good file explorer that can view networked files (mainly images) and act like they are local. For example, in ES you can view images just like you are in gallery (i.e. flipping through), but you cannot do any normal sharing of those files like you can the local files. In File Manager HD, you can share, but it does not allow flipping through images and it creates a huge cache. I do not believe anyone has found one that will stream video either. I am not sure about streaming of audio files. All of them are also slow accessing the files compared to other computers on the same network.

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    How about a gmail pop up, a la Handcent? I've been looking for something like that for months, without any luck. If I could code I'd do it myself

7. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    QA Admin
    SoCal
    Record something and transcribe it.

Words - record a meeting and make minutes.
    Music - play something and have the musical notation accompany the sound clip. Or as a stand alone score.

8. u4ea

u4ea Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    I would like to have an app that forwards calls to another phone yet keeps a log of where (what numbers) the calls came from.

Been searching high and low for such an app. Ran into other seekers of such an app, but no such app exists.

I have a couple of small (Vancouver, Canada) websites that post the telephone numbers of several other people's businesses. The web sites send phone calls from interested potential customers to those businesses. But how many phone calls? The several different business owners are friends (to various degrees) or acquaintances of mine. They all swear they aren't getting phone calls that pay off in business profit for them, BUT they all really want to continue with the online advertising of their phone numbers. I don't know who is telling the truth or when.

I own a Samsung Galaxy. I'd like to simply place the Galaxy's phone number on my website in place of the phone number of any certain business, and then on the Galaxy itself forward the calls to the business. I wish I could do so with an app that would keep a record of what calls came in and got passed along to the business owner's phones. In that way I could count how many calls a business gets from exposure on my website, and even have the call-back numbers to verify what's up.

The info would serve as the basis for an accurate judgment about what value the advertising has, both with these people and in the future with other businesses.

Ordinary call forwarding on my Android just forwards the calls without any record-keeping. What's worse -- on one local carrier and an old Nokia ordinary call forwarding keeps records of where the call went to but not where it came from -- which is pea-brained because I already know where the calls were directed to. Who needs such records? We need the other data.

All kinds of people in advertising or sales and marketing or even consulting would benefit from an app that allows one to send along business traffic to clients while still being able to keep track of just exactly how much traffic that actually is.

9. u4ea

u4ea Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    PS - I have a different phone that I also use and carry around with me.

I would dedicate the Galaxy to simply collect info @ business traffic for a week or two whenever needed. The call-forward record-keeping app would run constantly during those times.