1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I will commend ANYONE who can figure out what my problem is, because this ain't normal!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shenfrey, Oct 10, 2011.

1. shenfrey

shenfrey Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    My phone keeps media scanning and keeps switching to driving mode or this other mode where theres just a clock and a list of 5 apps at the bottom and switches back to my normal desktop.. it keeps doing this, over and over and over again and I can't my phone like this iv tried everything, im googled to no end and I just can't figure out the problem. Iv reset, iv formatted, iv deleted cache iv reset the phone from scratch nothing has worked!

And I have also tried running different home screens, im running latest version 2.3.5

Advertisement

2. geoffibs

geoffibs Member
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    Its the USB port at the bottom. Samsung phones detect what they are connected to using resistance. This is causing the switching and also triggering the media scanner as it thinks there may have been a change and checks.

Switch off and take out the battery. Get a very fine brush like those very small modellers/make-up brushes or similar and try and wipe out. They have to be very fine. If you have any air duster spray, spray it in there. Be careful and make sure you use the non-conductive type used for cleaning electronic equipment. Leave it 10 mins after spraying just in case there is any condensed dampness there (air duster sprays sometimes tend to freeze the air) hopefully it will do the trick. You could even try blowing in there very hard.

There is a chance its either some contaminant on the board itself or the actual electronics faulty. If you aren't confident on checking then returning under warranty is the only solution really.

ivanover likes this.
  3. Cuncha

Cuncha Lurker
    None

Oct 12, 2011
    i had this problem. It drove me nuts. I didnt even know the phone had a car mode.

I took it back to Phones4U who basically told me to contact the insurance people (who would help me...for

4. shenfrey

shenfrey Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2011