• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I will never buy another htc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceominous

Oct 21, 2010
Middlesbrough
This is my first smart phone and to be honest I am not at all pleased with the desires hardware, I have done nothing less then protect and care for this phone and yet it still develops faults, this is my third desire in about 4 months and already it has started collecting dust under the digitiser which is Why I had it replaced the first time round.

I have never had so much trouble with a phone in all my life, I certainly will not be sticking with this phone and I will not be buying another HTC phone. :mad:

You're very unlucky. I've had mine since release and not had any issues with the hardware at all.

Unfortunately mass production is not infallible even in this day and age, and there will always be these kinds of problems for some people. You've just been very unlucky

Yep, mine's coming up to a year old. Never use a screen protector - not a mark on or under it. 'Barely there' case is as it says and only offers slight protection but the phone has been fine.

Rooted, flashed, themed, charged at least once a day cos I'm constantly playing with it and not so much as 1 battery pull.

As long as htc phones remain rootable I'll be going to them again in a year's time.

Upvote 0
I've dropped my phone twice, and nothing major has happened.
The first time, I dropped it on my carpet, so nothing happened.
The second time, my phone landed on stone floor, a little piece of plastic on the battery cover broke off and my accelerometer got messed up (thankfully, a recalibration fixed that).
I've had it since last summer, and not a single scratch on the screen, only a few around it.

Upvote 0
to be fair if you read his second post this wasn't really him coming on with an issue...this was him just coming on to rant hence why I mention the iphone guy...I mean im not trying to rile things up...I just thought this place was for advice and some sweet android modding not people coming on having a whine that they wont ever buy anything from said company again because they had one small bad experiance?
this is a place about android, good and bad
lets not start getting into over censorship

iphone stuff fair enough, its a droid forum not iphone fanclub but someone complaining about issues they have with their droid? cant see what the problem is

ive been lucky with my phone when ive dropped it.

weve seen people hardly do anything to it anf get screen cracks, some people have done nothing and got them
some have completely smashed them from small drops
so to be honest while it was a brash comment he made and a little snide, it actually holds water.
these devices ARE fragile. the have a 3.7" screen and are thin

Upvote 0
All opinions are needed as someone wanting to get a fair depiction of a possible purchase needs to pros and cons - in this case it's one con to a ton of pros!!

maybe but I dunno...not a very informative or aware con though..."theres probably more strength in a soggy biscuit" just seems more like a rant then actually advising people on a possibly bad purchase...just strikes me as more this guy is p*ssed off at HTC and would rather moan and say they are all bad..

Upvote 0
I'm with deanshep on this one. Forums like this are, surely, about asking questions and sharing knowledge and information for the good of all the users here.

I'm sick of these whining threads that serve no purpose other than to vent the OP's spleen! No one cares whether you're going to buy another HTC. So why post about it? Are you so full of yourself you think anyone here gives a damn?

Maybe the right thing to do is not to respond and let these threads slip quietly off to page 2 where no one looks.

I'll do that in future, but I also think the Mods should consider whether a thread serves any useful purpose. If it doesn't then it should be deleted. This is just a web forum, it's not like there are human rights at stake, no one is going to sue because their stupid post was deleted.

"I'll never touch HTC again", "My Desire is rubbish" threads appear almost every week, it's dull and pointless.

Upvote 0
check my edit

if you dont like the post, dont post in it.
theres nothing in the rules saying a user cannot complain about their device and share their annoyance
are there rules saying people cant say how brilliant their device is?

wind your necks in

its actually more annoying getting threads like this and watching the thread police bitch and moan about something that doesnt even affect them

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones