1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I wish every forum or site you signed up with did the same thing as you guys

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Neil MacLennan, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Neil MacLennan

None

Sep 28, 2017
    I got an email today from this forum telling me that they had removed me from their forum because I hadn't signed in for quite some time and that I was welcome to sign back up again in the future if I wished they were sorry to see me go. I didn't get 10 emails in a row hounding me to return or a pile of offers for crap I wouldn't buy just because I got it in spam. It wasn't intrusive or clingy it was friendly and didn't use any pressure tactics or anything like that. It is the whole reason that I signed back up and am going to participate more with this forum. So refreshing to see a website take this approach I wish they all did instead of pestering me constantly even after unsubscribing in the hope that I will give in to the pressure and keep their membership levels up so that they can profit from it. Their main goal seems to be creating revenue from advertising not creating good content for their users. Thank you for being like this I really appreciate it for what it is

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    What a great story. I'm going to ping @Phases and @Rob, the site administrator and owner respectively so they can see your kind words.

Jfalls63, scary alien and lunatic59 like this.
  3. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you!
    Administrator

Mar 26, 2008
    Androiding
    Thank you so much for your kind words @Neil MacLennan! That makes me so happy to hear... we make a lot of tough decisions and often need to remind each other what would be best for our users. Hearing stories like this convince us we did the right thing and remind us to always put our users' needs first!

4. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN MSG ROB
    None

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT
    Nashville, TN
    On the flip side, we did get called a cheek by someone else :p Haha. Love it.

Unforgiven and dontpanicbobby like this.
  5. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

Jul 23, 2010
    Male
    Sandy Eggo, Ca
    I love this site also, that's why I'm here.