1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I would like only incoming SMS to make a sound

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KevinMacDonald, Oct 6, 2014.

1. KevinMacDonald

Is there a way to configure notifications such that ONLY an incoming text message makes an alert sound?

I really don't want every one of the numerous notifications coming in to cause my phone to make noise. I don't really need to know that such and such an app got updated etc. There are also so many of them it would take forever to find them all and turn off sounds for them. So, my default solution is to turn off sounds for all notifications and turn on Vibrate for SMS.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

It will take a while, but go into Settings/apps/app mgr/Download

Bring up each one and remove the check mark for Notifications.

Then once all of those are done, you need to do the same for the other apps that came loaded on the phone.
    Settings/apps/app mgr/ALL
    In your case, just leave the one message app with a check mark. Obviously you can skip the apps you recognise as having already been done.

I recommended you do the Downloads first because the app mgr defaults back to the front of the list when you remove the check mark and the Back up.... sigh!

The ....../ALL/ list is extremely long, as it contains all of the Android system files.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews