1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I would like to know how many of you use setcpu along with the v6 supercharger?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Heavyweightgd6, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Heavyweightgd6

Heavyweightgd6 Android Enthusiast

I recently tried to use the both of these... I forgot what number(settings) I used in the v6 supercharger but right after i did that i tried to reboot. After the reboot i was stuck in a bootanimation and couldnt get past it, I went into cwm and did a dalvic wipe (doing all i can) and I still couldnt get past the animation...

So after an hour of the boot animation repeating itself i decided to use ODIN... I've used it lots of times before so i figured ODIN would work but it didnt. After the use of odin i was still stuck in the "stock" bootanimation. I continued to use odin a gang of times to make sure nothing was wrong, i even restarted my pc a bunch of times before i used it.

But with all of that done my diagnosed my phone bricked, took it to the corporate store, played dumb an showed them how I am stuck in a bootanimation and dont know why.... a new indulge will be waiting for me on friday(manufacture warranty)

So is it safe to say that it can be dangerous using the v6 supercharger along with setcpu at the same time?

Or did i f**k up somewhere?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shatterproof

Shatterproof Android Enthusiast

I use both and dnt have any issues at all. I know that if you use the build.prop option its tells you that bootloops are possible, also if you used a specific option on his KAK script then it can also cause bootloops.

3. Shatterproof

Shatterproof Android Enthusiast

Did you try to install a home launcher? I know that bootloops can happen if you accidentally deleted your launcher like I did before in CWM, I had to reflash Basix to get it to stop the bootloops. I guess it really doesn't matter anymore since you dont have the phone now huh (srry). Well... for what its worth, I am/have used v6 with SetCPU and No-frills CPU without issues.

4. mikegLA

mikegLA Well-Known Member

I have actually found out through personal experience with my indulge that if I use the v6 supercharger or setcpu or no frills my games tend to bug out more. since then I have not used any of them.

5. tiede

tiede Android Expert

I know it's probably to late, but what the hay!!
    Just chiming in to say to whomever else experiences a weird issue like that, try a deep reset (RTN) reset with ##RTN# Just make sure you are on stock rom when resetting through RTN.the outcome is undefined otherwise and could therefore potentially make things worse.

6. Heavyweightgd6

Heavyweightgd6 Android Enthusiast

Maybe i can be a bit more specific... at the time i had setcpu clocked at 1300, and when i went into the v6 superchager,(i believe it was version 8 of the supercharger) after i picked the settings i wanted in there(forgot which one) I tried to reboot within in the supercharger... but it wouldnt do it, so i rebooted from the power button and that is when it happened...

And about launchers... the one that came with basix i deleted a looooong time ago, I was using the ADW launcher.

All i know is I'll never use the both of them in combination ever again, I just gotta figure a way to stop dolphin from annoyingly slowing down on me. I kind of wanted a new indulge anyway but too bad I lost some very important contacts that will be a b**** to get back.

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews