1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I would pay $20 for this app!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rcyphermd, Dec 2, 2009.

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I am one of many who left palm for android. I have lots of memos I would like to use on android. I manually transferred them all to google docs.

I have tried gdocs and gdocs notepad for my hero. g docs limits itself to 100 memos. I could not get notepad to work at all.

I would love an app that would sync with gdocs, allow us to alphabetize them, and have the ability to hide a file.

Are there any apps like that? If not, there is a market from us old palm users!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Android Expert

hmmm...i know i can instantly get on my gdocs from my google homepage on the droid. As long as sync to my gmail account is on I can do this. Let me know if it works! I would like the app you want as well though

3. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

Yes I can get them on my hero that way, but cannot edit them on the phone

4. markww

markww Newbie

If you explain how exactly the app should work, I'd write it. I don't use gdocs etc on my device so am not exactly sure what you're looking for.

5. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I would like an app that does memos, that you can alphabetize, or place in any order you want. The app should sync with the cloud/google/google documents so we can have access anywhere. Any most importantly, reside on the phone. I want to be able to see my memos when out of internet range (ie on a plane).

If it could import my palm memos, that would be spectacular! There are thousands of former palm users that would buy this app.

I really would pay $20 for that app today. So would many others! Thanks for trying! I would be happy to beta test for you: rcyphermd@gmail.com

6. kingvortex

kingvortex Well-Known Member

7. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I do not think it syncs with google, however. gdocs does, but has a 100 memo limit.

8. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

Why not contact the developer and ask about raising the 100 document limit?

9. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I have contacted them several times.....no luck.

10. tnorris

tnorris Newbie

I'm actually working on something similar to what you describe. It uses the "Notebook" paradigm and at the moment you can create books, and pages within a book. In the next couple of weeks I'll be adding the sync with gdocs function. Here's the project site:

androidnotebook - Project Hosting on Google Code

11. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

looking good!

Can you let us know when it is done?

12. jallen100

jallen100 Lurker

I also just transferred from Palm to Android and there is one I am using that was free in the Market. Its called AK Notepad. Its pretty sweet.

13. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I do use that, but it does sync anywhere.

14. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

Sounds nice. Look forward to hearing more about it.