• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I wouldn't mind having some help with this

Well the second step im referring to is the where you have to put this 'C:\sdk-tools' in then fastboot to make sure you are in the right folder then it says fastboot is not recognized as a internal or external command operable program or batch file. And im using the root method on here, the one thats more detailed on the Complete Newbies Guide to rooting and flashing thread

Upvote 0
Is your command prompt in the correct directory? Make sure you have put all the sdk tools in C:\sdk-tools, then go into that folder, shift right-click, and select "Open command window here". Then type "fastboot" (without quotes) into the cmd line and see if it works then.

Ok i will most definitely try that and lol i know its with out the quotes. But i will report back in a hour or so because i am currently doing some work for school. But thanks

Upvote 0
Ha, that's good. Yeah, HTC phones are probably the hardest phone to root and stuff, in my opinion. On my Triumph, all I had to do was run Gingerbreak! The hardest part about this phone is probably the S-OFF, and that's not even that hard, it just can get frustrating at times. But if you follow those instructions to a T for rooting, its easy to get in the bag. Plus you got the forums behind you to back you up :D

Upvote 0
Ha, that's good. Yeah, HTC phones are probably the hardest phone to root and stuff, in my opinion. On my Triumph, all I had to do was run Gingerbreak! The hardest part about this phone is probably the S-OFF, and that's not even that hard, it just can get frustrating at times. But if you follow those instructions to a T for rooting, its easy to get in the bag. Plus you got the forums behind you to back you up :D

Yea that all i did for my triumph too (Kinda feel bad its just a music phone now)lol. And i heard it gets a little frustrating but i'll get through it especially with the help of the forums.

Upvote 0
Just to give you some visual confirmation, your unpacked sdk-tools folder should look something like this:

jeoIi.jpg

I have a few extra files in there (cause I'm messy and a terrible person) so just ignore those.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones