• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kohre

Apr 27, 2012
Okay im new to all these rooting things.. idk if i should be writing here but i did all the steps for the odin for shevron Rom because i thought it would allow me to have a stock phone again (since i had no access to my status bar and many applications would just force close on me after i did a lil modification to the transitions using rom tool box)..

unfortunately i am stuck with a blue letter screen looping every time into recovery mode and i have no idea what i did to my fone..

i backed up the apps to my memory card before i did this but i believe this is now useless because every time i go to the sd option from the boot menu my phone simply goes back to the same screen

if any of you could help me please do so.. my phone is a Samsung transform ultra.. i will run the odin again and let it finish overnight and see if i did something wrong

thank you have a good day

You can find this same post in http://androidforums.com/transform-...on-5-1-updated-4-11-2012-a-9.html#post4295307 so you know what im talking about

Okay im new to all these rooting things.. idk if i should be writing here but i did all the steps for the odin for shevron Rom because i thought it would allow me to have a stock phone again (since i had no access to my status bar and many applications would just force close on me after i did a lil modification to the transitions using rom tool box)..

unfortunately i am stuck with a blue letter screen looping every time into recovery mode and i have no idea what i did to my fone..

i backed up the apps to my memory card before i did this but i believe this is now useless because every time i go to the sd option from the boot menu my phone simply goes back to the same screen

if any of you could help me please do so.. my phone is a Samsung transform ultra.. i will run the odin again and let it finish overnight and see if i did something wrong

thank you have a good day

You can find this same post in http://androidforums.com/transform-...on-5-1-updated-4-11-2012-a-9.html#post4295307 so you know what im talking about

Please tell us what steps you took. Use as much detail as possible, provide links to files you used, etc. I haven't used Odin yet, so I might not be able to help you, but I'm sure someone else on these forums will know what to do.

Upvote 0
The story goes likes this

i rooted my fone.. got rom tool box.. applied some custom features from the app's themes menu

i forgot to apply backup on the last transition modification i did and after that it was downhill.. my fone started to force close apps, my status bar wouldnt scroll down, the market was useless since i couldnt download anything

so i decided to factory rest my fone.. that didnt get rid of the status bar problem.. and so i came across a link to reset my fone.. the snowball grew and i came across another link to http://androidforums.com/transform-...on-rom-version-5-1-updated-4-11-2012-a-9.html

that indeed mess up my fone real bad .. before, i was able to text my friends about my problem but now i get a blue CWM based recovery v5.0.2.7 screen

i found another link to stock mod my fone.. but ive tried at least 10 times with all the instructions and no luck

i turn on my fonw normally but it always gows to the blue lettered screen

sorry if i wrote an essay but i was as detailed as i could .. thank you if you can help me :)

Upvote 0
now i get a blue CWM based recovery v5.0.2.7 screen

You have access to CWM, which means this is fixable.

i found another link to stock mod my fone.. but ive tried at least 10 times with all the instructions and no luck

You say you tried to flash a stock ROM. What went wrong? What part didn't work, or behaved differently than you expected?

Reactions: kohre
Upvote 0
ive been reading all over the place and your right i believe my fone is semi bricked

well after getting the blue CWM screen i just played around with the options trying to get something to work.. (before all this i formatted my sd card b/c i believed a virus got to my fone which deleted my stock rom with it. i now know that is probably why i cant have access to any stock rom mounting because the directories are all empty (thats what i think happened))

idk if anything i say makes sense but please bear with me

theres an outside link Samsung Transform Rooting Issue - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com .. this explains exactly what happened to me but my fone is transform ultra and his is just the transform..

they talk about SWupdater but idk where or how to get a hold of it.. i believe this would solve my issue

if you have a better way to fix this please keep replying ill keep checking this forum

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones