• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i5510 multiple issues

wasiur72

Lurker
Mar 13, 2012
hi,
I bought ths samsung i5510, last year.. and since then i have been facing multiple issues with this phone..
1. sometimes phone restarts on its own.
2. when the phone is started (after self restart or may be when i switch it off for some reason n start again), most of th applications fail to show up. the applications are not there at all.. i have to keep switching th phone off and then on, n keep tryin for 3-4 times, to get back all th applications...
3. this is the issue, which iam facing since th last 6 months.. sometimes, when i put my phone on charge, after a while i see th screen turn violet,sometimes green, sometimes pink, in colour(which gets fixed after i restart th phone- n of course, get stuck wid problem #1).
I have tried it with th samsung charger as well as th usb charging from pc.. it happens with both..
I wud also want to upgrade my andriod to 2.3/// will this help?
Please guide me how to upgrade my phone to 2.3...

Will be very grateful, if anyone can help me out wid these issue..
Please... awaiting reply..

1.)Common issue with Froyo 2.2 which was fixed in the 2.2.2 version which had broken updates .
2.)You need to clear Level 2 RAM since it is abug with Froyo Touchwiz Launcher or use and Alternative Launcher l
3.)You may have one of the phones with LCD (Samsung uses two LCDs on their phones )

Check this thread to upgrade to European Gingerbread
You may lose 3G functionality if you live in North and South America
You may lose RTL/Arabic language facility if you live in Egypt/Arabic countries

http://androidforums.com/551-all-things-root/480888-odin-stock-rom-tutorial.html

http://androidforums.com/551-all-th...do-i-install-android-2-3-android-2-3-rom.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones