• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I5700 Galaxy Spica/lite officially gets Android 2.1

Hehe...
I tried running the NPSAndroidCDMABinaryUpgrade from within the NPS folder and it tells me that an update is possible... Has anyone tried this? I would, but I am kinda unsure about doing it this way...

Depends if your mobile provider uses CDMA - in the UK/most of europe it's GSM - if I run the NPSandroidgsmbinaryupgrade it says network is disconnected. This executable is this update wizard after the update checker has ran and found an update is available. In thoery if the checker is not working properly and their really is an update waiting, then by running the binary upgrade exe you are jumping the process Q NPS normally goes through.

Upvote 0
Depends if your mobile provider uses CDMA - in the UK/most of europe it's GSM - if I run the NPSandroidgsmbinaryupgrade it says network is disconnected. This executable is this update wizard after the update checker has ran and found an update is available. In thoery if the checker is not working properly and their really is an update waiting, then by running the binary upgrade exe you are jumping the process Q NPS normally goes through.

That's my thought too.

Upvote 0
I dont know how big the update was, but im going to try once more and see if it works then, lol.

PS: I cant believe how a professional company such as samsung can even manage to make such a broken program. Now it just tells me i cant update now, please restart your phone and when i press OK a new message comes up telling me i dont have enough battery(its full). The urge to throw my phone at the wall is getting bigger and bigger, lol.

Upvote 0
OK, I was messing with the phone & typed *#7284# into the dialer & I'm sure neither modem or PDA were selected. I selected PDA & now Windows cannot install drivers for "SAMSUNG_Android" & NPS does not recognise the phone! Selecting Modem changes this to "Samsung CDMA Technologies"

Setting it to PDA works in XP though!

Upvote 0
i removed the sim and SD, yes.

Now i just updated again and its still the same bloody 1.5, nothing changed. I just dont get whats so hard about fixing this for samsung...for gods sake :/

Edit: I cant keep on trying now or im gonna end up with a big Samsung Galaxy Spica shaped hole in my TV and a busted phone, lol. Please tell if anyone has got it to work though.

Upvote 0
Hello from me! first post here. Tried to update spica through nps 1.5 and it says there is an upgrade. i start the procedure and when the download finishes the "samsung usb composite device" tries to install but i get a msg that it fails and after a while the upgrade stops. I launched the nps with administrative but still nothing!! any idea why that usb driver is not installed correctly? By the way i live in Greece but the ypdate seems to be up in the servers!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones