• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I5700 Galaxy Spica/lite officially gets Android 2.1

I may be out of the game so to speak in terms of the Spica but given all of the lying T-Mobile UK complaints did I'm wondering if the update has shown up on T-Mobile and how anyone's getting on with the complaints department these days?

I'm trying to check myself but phone refuses to connect via usb on the updated NPS software. One problem after another with that sh*tty software :mad:

Upvote 0
ATTENTION!!!

SPICA 2.1 UPDATE IS NOW AVALIBLE VIA NEW PC SUITE FROM SAMSUNG WEBSITE

BE SURR TO UNCHECK MASS STORE ONLY UNDER SETTINGS IN YOUR PHONE AND ENABLE DEBUGGING

UNPLUG ALL USB DEVICES ON YOUR COMPUTER )USE LAPTOP

firmware eclair uxjg9
from Canada , bc

I cannot seem to get suite to recognize my phone. I'v tried every setting, this is frustrating i want to upgrade so bad!!!

Any help??

Upvote 0
I cannot seem to get suite to recognize my phone. I'v tried every setting, this is frustrating i want to upgrade so bad!!!

Any help??

Make sure ALL usb connecting to your computer are unplug. ONLY leave the one connecting to your phone. I did all this on a Acer Atom laptop soo i think it should be a piece of cake you all of you =)

Back up your contacts! not sure how to backup sms( you don't need to back up sms)

1.do a hard reset on your phone by punching in some code on the dial pad (you can look that up, i don't know if i can post this on here)

2.Make sure you have downloaded NPS(new pc studio) from Samsung website(not Kies) before connecting your phone

RESTART COMPUTER

3.After the hard reset, goto settings , find SD card/Phone storeage..you should see a section call Mass Storage Only, you need to UNCHECK that (i think this is the main problem why the phone isn't connecting to the NPS)

i think this should solve the problem.

One more thing, if your computer is unwilling to recognize your phone, turn your phone off then back on while leaving the USB plug to your computer

(EDIT)

N P S should be Version 1.5 instead of 1.4

Upvote 0
I'm really starting to lose hope in this phone because of this issue. I'v tried 5 differnt versions o NPS and none work. Not only that but each one took over 3 hours do d/l from the samesung site.

This reminds me of 15+ years ago on dialup trying to make my ibm/apple's mouse work and spending days updating and dealing with issues.

Upvote 0
I'm really starting to lose hope in this phone because of this issue. I'v tried 5 differnt versions o NPS and none work. Not only that but each one took over 3 hours do d/l from the samesung site.

This reminds me of 15+ years ago on dialup trying to make my ibm/apple's mouse work and spending days updating and dealing with issues.

lol i did it, i wasn't expecting it to work. i spend a whole night trying to figure out how to flash to 2.1 then i saw this pop up saying i could upgrade .. i went ahead , thinking i need a new 1.5 firmware on my phone before flashing.

waited about 5 mins and then BAM.. 2.1

i was so surprised, told everyone i knew about it, no one knew what i was talking about cause they all have the iphones LOL

NPS version 1.5, just make sure of that !
USB unplug except for phone
Uncheck mass storage under SD card in settings

try that !

Upvote 0
Hello,

I live in Bulgaria. Last night I tried updating the firmware but I had no luck. I downloaded NPS 1.5. It recognizes the phone but there is no update available for the device. I'm wondering if I change the country were I'm living in with for example UK or Canada, in the beginning of NPS installation, am I going to be able to update the firmware or the IP address is telling the program that I live in different country than that witch I Chose? I don't want to update it trough Odin because I'll lose the warranty of the device.

10x in advance.
Ivan,

Upvote 0
Well after calling Roger's and having them tell me there is no update at all and to call samsung, I called samsung. Samsung says they know nothing about any update and to call rogers.

I disconnected my phone and it dosnt work at all. It shows a picture of my phone connected to a computer with a hazard symbol in between. The computer wont recognize it or anything and i cant do anything with my phone at all...

Upvote 0
Complain at, I assume, Tmobile via their twitter acct at feeling unloved by both Tmobile and Samsung.

I emailed and tweeted Samsung, and they couldnt even be bothered to reply! What excellent customer service! Once you've bought their device, they have your money and couldnt give a rats ass about you or your phone it seems.

Upvote 0
Can anyone from the UK confirm that they got a Galaxy i5700 to update to v2.1 through the NPS or Keis software?

When I try to upgrade the i5700 through the NPS software it says that 'No upgrade is necessary'. I'm using NPS v1.5.1.10064_2.

I would try out the Odin method, but I'm a bit worried about voiding the 12 month warranty that I have (I purchased this phone unlocked and second-hand from CEX, a store which sells second-hand electronics).

What I'd like to know is that if the Odin method will work with an unlocked phone that was previously on T-mobile. Here are the build details:

Firmware: 1.5
Kernel: 2.6.27
Baseband: i5700XXIK2
Build number: CUPCAKE.XXIL3

Upvote 0
Anyone interested in starting a facebook group to highlight t-mobile's shocking after sales upgrades.

A bit of negative publicity might be just the kick in the arse they need...
I did suggest someone start a T-mobile/Samsung 2.1 update protest page. It worked for the HTC hero owners on Orange and Three!

I dont use Facebook, otherwise I'd do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones