1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support I5700 problem with message contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by doomblaz, May 16, 2010.

1. doomblaz

doomblaz Member

May 16, 2010
    hi yesterday i buy this Samsung i5700 Galaxy Spica phone in Ireland it was SIM locked to 3 but i go to phone repair shop and the guy unlocked it for 25 euros. It is very nice phone but i have one problem: when i go to create new message and i start type contacts name on field "To:" i does not show any contacts and if i press button with small android picture near it should show all my contact list but it is empty and it says "no contacts with phone numbers". so i try install other messaging app like Handscent SMS or something like this and it is working fine and it shows all contacts but i want to use original sms app please help me! sorry for my mistakes and Thank you for replies

Advertisement

2. dazzapat

dazzapat New Member

May 14, 2010
    I had this with mine.

It was all down to the way my previous phone stored the contacts to sim.

I had to go into contacts and save them from sim to phone, when I did this, each number was showing as 'other' within the contact type.

Once I had done this, I had to go to my gmail account and edit the contact and change from 'Other' to 'Mobile'

Once I had done this for each contact, they appeared within the messaging section.

It's a pain in the neck but thats how I sorted it.

doomblaz likes this.
  3. doomblaz

doomblaz Member

May 16, 2010
    thank you very much it really help :) but is this happens to everyone? why it dont do this automaticaly?