1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

i717 AND N7000

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RaLeX, Apr 10, 2012.

1. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

I upgraded with AT&T from iphone4 and got the i717 on AmazonWireless... I'm on day 12 of my 30 day trial... I love this phone.

Then I started to do more research, and learned that the N7000 had the features I liked in the video reviews I watched and would save me a boatload of money, because I wouldn't be locked in for another 2 years with AT&T, and could switch to StraightTalk for considerably less money and only be month-to-month. Or, I could stay on AT&T, without upgrading, be month-to-month and keep my upgrade eligibility for whenever I desire to use it.

So, I just purchased the n7000 on Amazon.

Now, I'm getting nervous... I realize that I won't have AT&T's warranty, I won't have ANY warranty. Or will I have one through Amazon? Am I protected in case this phone doesn't work?

I was trying to think back, and I'm actually not sure I've ever used my warranty on any previous phone I've had. Really starting to wonder what to do now... I'm cool with At&t's phone, but it seems like the international version is a little better. but if something goes wrong, I don't want to be screwed out of $500+

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. B2L

B2L Android Expert

It really depends, most likely you won't have a warranty though since Samsung has regional warranties. There are companies like Negri Electronics or Expansys that will send the device in for repair in the region it was purchased in, but most Amazon sellers won't do that for you.

I would contact the seller and ask about the warranty. If the warranty is extremely important to you, I would stick with the AT&T branded version. It will save a lot of time and hassle if you need to send it in for repairs.

You can also purchase a 1 year warranty from Squaretrade for $70, it will protect the device from any drops, spills, and other accidents.

Android Warranty | Cell Phone Insurance Alternative | Mobile Phone Protection | SquareTrade Warranties

RaLeX likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews