• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i727 Screen calibration issue after kies upgrade to jelly bean

faefrog

Lurker
Nov 2, 2014
I upgraded to jelly bean the other day with the kies software. All seemed fine initially however as soon as I unplugged my phone from the computer and then unlocked the screen, the touch screen calibration was off. When I touch the lock screen and don't move my finger it sees exactly where I'm touching however as soon as I move my finger it jumps to the top of the screen. In an effort to fix this issue, I have enabled the developer feature which shows me where the touch is being read by the phone. Sometimes I can just restart my phone but then if the screen locks, when I unlock it again, it's off again unless I plug it into kies again. I am getting an "error io exception no root permission" message that seems to precede the problem.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones