• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I747 4.1.2 Root

T

thewolfishere

Hi. Now that AT&T has rolled out this new update, how do I go about rooting it, as it was before?

I reset my phone to be as new before I updated to 4.1.2. I read that I would have had major issues updating the phone while rooted, so I reset it.

So I'm really curious to see how to root it now.

Thanks for your time.

The easiest way i can suggest rooting for that device is by using odin and chainfire's cf-root. it makes it fairly easy and hassle free, here are the steps :)

- Download and extract Odin http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Boost/Rush/Odin3-v3.04.zip
- Download and extract (just once) CF-Root Download
- If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin
- Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press volume up to continue, do so.
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for Android to boot
- Congrats you are rooted :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones