• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root i900 bricked? PLEASE HELP

solaris

Lurker
May 26, 2011
hi everyone.
so i got my i9000, successfully rooted it. installed a new rom (Darkys) but it wasnt picking up the cell signal anymore, so i tried another one (Gingerbread) my phone would get to the galaxy s splash screen and stay there. i tried flashing it numerous times with different firmwares, ended up not even able to get to download mode, so i go and get a jig, got it in download mode and try flashing with odin, and i either get hung on the galaxy s bootscreen or some other errors. nothing seems to be working and iv looked up many tutorials and i dont know what to do!
any assistance would be great!

hi everyone.
so i got my i9000, successfully rooted it. installed a new rom (Darkys) but it wasnt picking up the cell signal anymore, so i tried another one (Gingerbread) my phone would get to the galaxy s splash screen and stay there. i tried flashing it numerous times with different firmwares, ended up not even able to get to download mode, so i go and get a jig, got it in download mode and try flashing with odin, and i either get hung on the galaxy s bootscreen or some other errors. nothing seems to be working and iv looked up many tutorials and i dont know what to do!
any assistance would be great!

dude try to flash the firmware which was on ur SGS before u installed Darky

Upvote 0
I recently nearly fooked up the phone....but using the firmware from News - www.SamFirmware.com resolved the issues....you need to register then download the firmware based you require. The last section on the site are firmware’s based on suppliers like Vodafone, Orange ect..

I managed to restore mine by using odin and the I9000XXJPY (2.2.1 - uk) firmware, I then used kies to restore 2.3.3 back to my phone.

If you find you phone as the incrorrect CSC then you can change this with *#272*IMEI-number#*

see if that’s works for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones