1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General iBex 16GB Flytouch 3 Superpad II, from Chinagrabber.com, using Tims custom ROM v4e :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Judar, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Judar

Judar Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    Hello, just wanted to post this up because i know that when i was looking at buying a flytouch3 i wanted some more info on the ones @ chinagrabber.com

16GB Flytouch 3 Superpad 2 - Android 2.2 Flash 10.1 3G GPS Tablet PC $236.99

So i have taken some pictures and thrown together some info for anyone looking at getting a flytouch3 from chinnagrabber.com

Hope it helps :)

Ok so first off i have to say i am very happy with the service of chinnagrabber.com, i ordered the device on a Thursday and i got it the following Wednesday. (Melbourne, AUS)

The device was well packaged, and the box and the contents was as described.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Now i was quick to find out that the firmware that was on the device, while being the latest, had quiet lots bugs.
    -Market would not function ("error not enough disk space")
    -GPS was stuck in China
    -Battery wouldnt charge past 58% and would go flat in under an hour (8000mah)
    -Plus a few other little bugs like apps would crash from time to time etc

However im happy to inform you that i have managed to to sort ALL of these issues out using Tims Custom ROM 4e.
    http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/180...h-3-roms-hybrid-rom-rooted-version-4e-by-tim/

(PS, I had an issue where the firmware would not load from my SD card. I ended up using "SDformatter" to format my sd card and then it worked fine after that.)

In some ways i can see that people would thing pretty lame that the device is shipped with a build where there a lots of bugs, but in otherways i dont mind. I much enjoyed tweaking and configuring it so it was fun for me getting it all going the way i wanted :)

So with that said;
    Pros:
    -Good price, with what you get for the price, you can not go wrong.
    -Attractive device, does not look or feel cheap and nasty.
    -All functions working after firmware change.
    -Battery life is pretty good, i have only had the device a few days but i got 6hrs+ on my first day and i was giving it a thrashing (8000mah battery)
    -Facebook, Twitter, Web browsing, Youtube etc all work and feel great on the device.
    -Movie playback is great, 1080p playing smooth and clean.
    -Ethernet connection (this was important for me when using the device at work, and lots of models dont have one)

Cons:
    -Speakers are useless, the manufacture should work on these. (i already knew this b4 i bought it)
    -Wireless range\strength is pretty bad.
    -Shipped with lots of bugs (like i mentioned before this was not a big concern for me, as they can be fixed and i found it fun doing so)
    -3d games and some more advanced apps can get pretty laggy.
    -Gyro works pretty well but is the wrong way round for some games? (Not sure if this can be fixed?)
    -Screen when held up portrait is not as clear as landscape because of the viewing angle.

That's about all i can think of now.

If anyone has any questions for me feel free, ill try to answer them the best i can. :)

Advertisement

aquaadverse likes this.
  2. kenewto

kenewto Member
    None

May 15, 2011
    Awesome that you have it. In contrast, I ordered mine May 17th with free shipping and still have not received it. They claim to have sent it the 20th and I can see progress from China Post but there haven't been any updates for a while. My money is in escrow and they have been responsive to my email but the short story is I get the shipping I paid for.

So, when your playing with your new tablet, just think of the money I saved and not seeing it yet.

3. kenewto

kenewto Member
    None

May 15, 2011
    Finally, I can play. I got it today. My first impressions aren't bad. I'm familiar with my droid x and this does have a completely different feel to it. I'm ready to root but so far, I don't have a real purpose to.

It plays avi videos right out of the box. I was able to install touchdown for exchange manually and I'm into my work email.

It may be a cheap knock off, but so far it's good enough for the girls I date.

Installed a few apps right away so I'm off to the races so to speak. The user manual is a real pamphlet. That is, it is much better than I was expecting. It has pictures of and instructions of some basic but useful things. The English section is only 25 pages long.

I am still downloading my work exchange stuff but if I can open pdfs in a useful way, I am already very happy with the way it sits. I'll add facebook and toys later.

4. simon194

simon194 Member
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    I'm glad to see the genuine FT3's suffer from this problem and not just the fakes. I recall someone in another post using this problem as a way to spot the fakes. :)

5. mutari

mutari Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    You can also find Tim's roms here: http://androidforums.com/gome-flytouch-tablets/307846-latest-flytouch-3-modded-roms-updated.html

SD Formatter 3.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC
    sd-formatter-3-0-sd-sdhc-sdxc.html

6. dusk2dawn

dusk2dawn Lurker
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    Hi,
    im totally new to the tablet/android market can i just bought a flytouch3/superpad2 frpm a ebay. Silly me i did research into this tablet after i actually made payment and now waiting for its arrival instead of researching before purchase so i found out from lots of forums that there was plenty of fake/cloned flytouch/superpad3. I then emailed my seller and they assured me that what i bought from them is genuine flytouch3/superpad2 but the box that comes with the tablet will say flytouch3/super3. (so is this a fake????)
    So if somebody can please help me and tell me if i'm getting the real deal i will be much appreiciate.
    Thank you in advance
    Link where i purchased from=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330576257159&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

7. dart16

dart16 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    It appears to be a Flytouch 3

But this worries me..

>Battery : 6400mAh, 9v Lithium Ion 4-6 hours

although it is possibly just a mistake.

All the FT3 models use LiPo cells. A LiPo cell is 3.7 volts. Some Disco models use two x 3200mAh, wired in parallel making it a 6400mAh 3.6volt battery, while other Disco models now use two x 4000mAh cells wired in parallel to make a 8000mAh 3.6volt battery, the SAWEE model FT3 uses 2 x 3200mAh cells wired in series to make it a 7.4 volt 3200mAh battery. The Disco has a 5 volt@3Amp charger and the SAWEE has a 9volt@(AFAIK)3Amp charger.

There is simply not enough room inside a FT3 to fit a 9volt 6400mAh battery!!

If it is a SAWEE model there is much less in the way of support available, but it is a great price!!

kenewto likes this.