• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Icc id change (help me Devs!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsummer

Apr 3, 2011
Hello devs.. i have an lg esteem that had a bad esn when i bought it.. and i successfully cloned the esn off my indulge onto the esteem.. im able to use both the esteem and the indulge by inserting the icc card without calling metro to swap the services.. but the main prop is that i only get 3g on it.. and the only way to get 4g is to change the icc id within the system setting.. so does anyone know how to chabge the icc id on the esteem.. or what sofware to use.. please help...

as far as i know discussing of cloning esn number or changing it is illegal and against forum policy trust me ever since the indulge first came out we were told we were not allowed to speak of it. and i take it u mean the uicc card its not the icc and like playful said on the esteem u only get 1 uicc card for that speceific phone so if u lose it break it or whatever your doomed. as far as metro's latest Lte phones they have the new cat 3 uicc cards that are replacable and allow data over calls simultaneously. bottom lime any metro branded phone from the esteem and below cannot have their uicc replaced, from the attain and forward it is possible.

Reactions: ShinySide
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones