• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICE by Appventive, anyone using it on DINC?

desperado

Jul 31, 2010
Honolulu, HI
I am interested in the ICE app which allows contactand emergency data to be displayed on the android wake screen.

Someone reported that it didn't work with the lock on the incredible. I use the screen lock feature but would like to try this app. Before I paid for it I thought I would see if anyone has tried it.

Works a treat on my Incredible - I use it a lot when I see the Drs to ensure their medication list matches mine.

Locking works just fine - which is good considering how security conscious I am about Data on my Dinc.

Thanks ! Based on your input and the wonderful support by the developer who answered all my questions quickly I decided to purchase this as my first android app on the Market. It works perfectly on my phone so far. No issues with the lock screen. Tried to defeat it using some of the comments from folks on the Market and could not so don't know what they are talking about. This app is worth the money. It adds contact info on you wake screen so if you lose you phone this might help recover it saving you the cost of a new phone. It lets you select your own emergency contacts in addition to the standard 911 only on the default lock screen and it also adds a battery life indicator on startup as a little bonus. Love the app and highly recommend it !

OH yea and it might just save your life In Case of an Emergency.

BTW: I am not the developer although you might think I am the way I am raving about the app. I just like to see something writen to work exactly the way I expect it to. Nice job Appventive!

Upvote 0
I am interested in the ICE app which allows contactand emergency data to be displayed on the android wake screen.

Someone reported that it didn't work with the lock on the incredible. I use the screen lock feature but would like to try this app. Before I paid for it I thought I would see if anyone has tried it.

My only gripe is I can't select "Show on lock screen" in the settings. If I do it will shut off my clock alarm in the morning half way though the first ring. Which means either I can't use my alarm clock or I can't use the lock screen. 2 bad choices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones