1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ice Cream Sandwich and HTC OneX

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by abhishes, Apr 19, 2012.

1. abhishes

abhishes Newbie

Hi,

I am proud owner of HTC OneX and I love my new device.

The only problem I have is that on the keyboard I can't find the equivalent of alt key.

by alt key i mean is that in order to type in the numbers which are on top of qwertyyuiop keys.

See this is how the keyboard looks in OneX

http://regmedia.co.uk/2012/04/02/htc_one_x_android_smartphone_13.jpg

Now can someone tell me which key is the alt key

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mayfield88

Mayfield88 Lurker

It's that (12#) button

3. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

Have you ever tried SwiftKey? It's really the best keyboard out there. You can even skip the spacebar and it puts the space in there automatically for you. That's Swiftkey 3, the beta version. I think it's the best app ever.

4. JasonC

JasonC Android Enthusiast

You can press and hold the key to get the characters above the normal characters.

Paul_59 likes this.
  5. huy_lonewolf

huy_lonewolf Well-Known Member

There is no alt key on the HTC One X. The numbers/symbols at the top of each key are meant to be used when you long press that key. For instance, if you long press "q", you will get "1". This is to speed up your typing process so that you don't need to turn to the symbol page when you just need to key in a few numbers.

Paul_59 likes this.
  6. ifb-online

ifb-online Android Enthusiast

And a vote for Swype - I think every bit as good as SwiftKey, but you don't have to pay for it. The only downer for Swype is that it's not available for my Archos 80 G9 tablet because 1024x768 screens are not supported. I hope they support the One X screen.

Ian

7. Tomo1971

Tomo1971 Well-Known Member

On the stock ics keyboard, is there a way to get rid of the voice activate key?

8. huy_lonewolf

huy_lonewolf Well-Known Member

Bro, HTC has already included Swype-like feature in their stock keyboard, it is called trace input. It already exists on my Sensation, and the One X as well.

9. ifb-online

ifb-online Android Enthusiast

That's good to know :)

Ian

10. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

I use that key for to switch the keyboard language, check this in Settings, Keyboard, Sense input ... :)

Harry

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews