1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ice Cream Sandwich coming Oct/Nov (next month)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by technoholicjakk, Sep 8, 2011.

1. technoholicjakk

Hey'all

Android Ice Cream Sandwich is set for a Oct/Nov release soon according to this post; Android Ice Cream Sandwich coming next month | Technology Blogged, News so i'm looking forward to testing it out a lot. I think this version of Android could unite devices and bring stability to Android as a brand in the eyes of consumers.

What do you guys think?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Haggistech

Haggistech Well-Known Member

i have a quick quetion

when they release this am i able to flash it onto my DHD or does its have to be changed in some way for each device?

3. technoholicjakk

Not a clue, can anybody help?

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Yes, it takes quite a bit of work to get new firmware working on individual devices.

That said, as a rooted user I've no doubt we'll be running ICS thanks to custom rom devs, sooner or later.

5. Intruder

Intruder Android Enthusiast

I doubt VERY much the dhd will get it, old phone now..... Unless you are rooted and run a custom rom

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Yeah, I definitely don't expect an official release.

7. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert

hmm you never know, it might. the htc magic got 2.2.

8. B2L

B2L Android Expert

I'm pretty excited for ICS, my only hope is that it won't take that long to get the update. Like it did for Nexus One users when the Nexus S came out. Either way I'll probably wait for the Cyanogenmod version to be released, since I can't live without Theme Chooser anymore.

Here's to being excited for CM8. :) (Or whatever they decide to call it.)

9. technoholicjakk

I'm excited too, should be good!

10. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

I'm not sure but, wasn't the magic stock android rather than HTC Sense? Adding in HTC Sense seems to be one of the biggest reasons for delays with HTC.