• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ice cream sandwich low battery (LG lucid)

Upvote 0
The battery life on the Lucid is Generally crap. I've gotta say it was a bit better on GB if I recall, but my phone was new then, so the battery could have gotten worse over time, especially for this crappy battery.

I gotta say, the best battery life for me is while running CM10, after tweaking the Min/Max CPU and the CPU Governor. Another factor is the apps you have, Facebook kills the battery. I had root access with and GB and ICS (Obviously also on CM10), so what I did is use an app called App Quarantine (Requires root). So I'd put the app in quarantine so when I wasn't using it (which I don't during the day at school) It wouldn't run in the background. With an app killer the app still runs, It's quite annoying so with this app, it makes it a lot better. I also use IOBIT's Advanced Mobilecare battery saver feature.

App Quarantine - Google Play

Advanced Mobilecare - Google Play

App Quarantine "Freezes" the app, making it stay closed and unusable. Advanced Mobilecare has many features in addition to the Power Saver it's a maintenance tool.

Another thing I've heard about is calibrating your battery. My uncle told me about this and I haven't tried it due to lack of time. Basically, charge your phone fully, let it die, and charge it fully and it should be calibrated.
I found this app a minute ago, check it out if you want. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ignisoft.battery.calibration&hl=en

Upvote 0
Actually, you should never let a Lithium-Ion or Lithium-Polymer die completely, as that can actually hurt battery life. What your uncle is talking about is for older rechargeable batteries like Nickle-Cadium, in those the fluids would crystalize and inhibit the capacity of charge the battery could hold. Li-Ion or Li-Poly do not have this same issue and as such do not need to be calibrated. Turning your device completely off and unplugging it (if it is plugged it) will calibrate a Lithium based battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones