• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ice Cream Sandwich question

matttye

Android Expert
Apr 26, 2010
Lincoln, England
I just watched the presentation for ICS on YouTube and my biggest fear regarding one of the new features actually happened during the presentation... the facial unlock feature didn't recognise the person trying to unlock the phone!

Does anyone know what happens in that situation? I'm hoping there's a way to fall back to a password unlock, but I haven't seen this detailed anywhere.

Cheers :D

I suppose there's the option of not putting the lock on your phone. But anyway that's what all the tests are about. There's no hiding the fact that it didn't work properly so I'm sure they will get it sorted. To be honest not many things will work perfectly until you've realised it didn't and fixed it. I'm sure by the time ICS makes it to the gs2 all the kinks will have been ironed out.

Upvote 0
I suppose there's the option of not putting the lock on your phone. But anyway that's what all the tests are about. There's no hiding the fact that it didn't work properly so I'm sure they will get it sorted. To be honest not many things will work perfectly until you've realised it didn't and fixed it. I'm sure by the time ICS makes it to the gs2 all the kinks will have been ironed out.

I agree about the kinks will be worked out by the time it's actually released, but something like facial unlock can never be 100% effective because there are too many variables. What if my face is covered in dirt, or I'm wearing sunglasses or something.

Just hoping they allow us to fall back to the old "primitive" way just in case it fails.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones