• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ice cream sandwich update

RCS1215

Lurker
Aug 9, 2012
Hi Everyone! I had the ICS update on my HTC Rezound a few days ago and since then, my internet lags a bit and if I have a popup on the mobile web, I can move my screen around, enlarge it, make it small, etc, but the popup stays in place and won't move. For instance, if I want to post a story on facebook from another site, it lags, then when the popup shows up, it just won't move! I never had this problem with Gingerbread. I took it to Verizon and they suggested a factory reset. I don't want to do that unless I have to! Can anyone help?:(:(

About 95% of all issues with the ICS OTA update can be resolved by doing a factory reset... that being said, if you are absolutely against it, try a different web browser than the stock one, like Chrome, Dolphin, Maxthon, UC Browser, Firefox, Skyfire, Opera, Ninesky, xScope, Overskreen, ICS Browser+, or whatever and see if it works better for you.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Connect your phone to your computer. The phone may pop up a screen asking whether you want just a battery charge or to use the phone as a disk drive. Choose drive. The memory folders will then show up on your computer.

There will be three folders:

Internal
HTC Storage
SD Card (external)

Your system will assign whatever drive letters are available. The external card or SD is where you probably will put things like photos and music etc. It has about 16G. The other two folders are actually partitions of one drive. The Internal is all your operating system and the HTC Storage is available for you or the phone to use for downloads.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: RCS1215
Upvote 0
I ended up doing a factory reset, still issues. Tried using a different browser, still issues. Maybe its just me...things don't look the same way when had Gingerbread. Took it to Verizon today and they gave me a new SIM card and said that alot of ppl don't like the update. I asked them for a new phone and they said all phones now have ICS. So I guess I"ll just have to deal until I get a new phone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones