1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Ice Cream Sandwich

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SuperKitch, Jan 14, 2012.

1. SuperKitch

SuperKitch Member
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    Police Officer
    LONDON, UK
    :thinking::thinking::thinking: I have been looking into Rooting my Sensation (which I am still unsure on.....the whole bricking aspect worries me) Whilst doing some online research, I have come across the Ice Cream Sandwich, I am aware that its a new update and will be rolled out to all devices between now and somewhere in 2020..... but I have also seen hints about being able to "force" your device to run on the sandwhich system, is this by rooting?

I was wondering if anyone is running the sandwhich system, and if so, can you tell me what its like?

I am still fairly new to the android world, so am very N00by so I do apologise!!

Hopfully then I may be able to make my mind up about Rooting!!

Thanks

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Hey Kitch, I've moved your query to the root subforum, it's probably more relevant there.

There is an ICS ROM available for the Sensation here: http://androidforums.com/sensation-all-things-root/468376-ics-rom-sensation.html

You would need root to install that though. I'm not entirely sure what it's like, but I know they've not been able to get the camera working on the ICS ports available on other HTC handsets.

SuperKitch likes this.
  3. KTW

KTW Guest
    None
    considering the risks i wouldent. So what i may not have supper controle like getting a few other apps to work but for what its worth i would avoid rooting and you would still have the htc customer care on your side to if you dont root. On your side im refering to the fact that your phone will still have worenty and they will be willing to help.
    If the phone works then why do anything else ?

(i cant speak for you but this is my opinion)

4. mbatson89

mbatson89 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    UK
    I am running Ice Cream Sandwich (Android Revolution HD 6.0.2 is the name of the ROM) and in order to do so, yes you will need to S-Off, root and Super CID your device. If you are going to do this then make sure you read and fully understand the process and the risks involved which although very very small, should not be ignored.

If you follow the guide to the letter, then the chances of bricking your device are slim to none. Deviate from the guide or skip steps at your own risks.

Read this (Click Here) and we can try to answer any questions you have but if you're not entirely comfortable with the process then i'd leave it alone

SuperKitch likes this.
  5. chris100575

chris100575 Well-Known Member
    None

May 2, 2010
    IT Tech
    North Cumbria
    It's also worth noting that HTC are working on an official update to ICS, which will not require you to root your phone. If you're worried, I'd wait for the HTC update.

SuperKitch likes this.