• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ice Cream Sandwich!

So who on here pinged the server with dialer trick and pulled the ICS 4.0.3/sense 3.6 update? Y'all lucky...:D woodsytattooman did, right?

This Dinc2 owner is mildly jealous...;)
I bet this is very similar/if not exactly the same update we will see on VZW's Incredible 2.

Couple questions if y'all loaded it and are running it. On the non rooted OTA pull:
Are there any options to change the transition effect when swiping across the homescreens?
I saw a hands on video of sense 3.6 running on the vivid and the effect was similar to go launcher outside cube effect. Can you change it to different ones?
In the all apps tray, can you change the scrolling to horizontal instead of the default vertical style?
Screen shots can now be taken natively by pressing vol down + power hardware buttons, right?
How big was the file size for the update?

That's all I can think of for now...y'all enjoy!!! :D

Try apex launcher

Upvote 0
I beg of anyone, can someone please tell me how to disable ALL vibrate functions in ICS on the Vivid? I absolutely hate that vibrate feedback when I type something. I have turned it off where I could but it still does it. Before I updated I had it turned off and never worried about it. Is there a hidden setting or something? please help

Upvote 0
I beg of anyone, can someone please tell me how to disable ALL vibrate functions in ICS on the Vivid? I absolutely hate that vibrate feedback when I type something. I have turned it off where I could but it still does it. Before I updated I had it turned off and never worried about it. Is there a hidden setting or something? please help
This is one setting that is very hard to find that i noticed.
Open text messages/Open keyboard/Hit the EN key/hit settings/Text input/Un-check vibrate when typing.
As far as the rest i think you have to uncheck vibrate under each app,notification,ringtone settings.Such as menu/settings/sound/Un-check vibrate.Scroll down to Vibrate feedback Un-check it as well.There may be more under your apps as i said.You will have to check each app that you use for that setting.:cool:

Reactions: Atlantis99
Upvote 0
This is one setting that is very hard to find that i noticed.
Open text messages/Open keyboard/Hit the EN key/hit settings/Text input/Un-check vibrate when typing.
As far as the rest i think you have to uncheck vibrate under each app,notification,ringtone settings.Such as menu/settings/sound/Un-check vibrate.Scroll down to Vibrate feedback Un-check it as well.There may be more under your apps as i said.You will have to check each app that you use for that setting.:cool:

Wow I would have never found that. I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Wow I would have never found that. I really appreciate it.
No problem.Im not sure why that setting seems hidden but that's the only way Ive found it.
You would be amazed how much battery the vibrations suck up daily.
I've been putting my battery through different test this past week to see how long i can make it last.Check out the thread over here>
http://androidforums.com/htc-vivid/440934-battery-life.html

Let us know if something still causing vibration :D

Upvote 0
No problem.Im not sure why that setting seems hidden but that's the only way Ive found it.
You would be amazed how much battery the vibrations suck up daily.
I've been putting my battery through different test this past week to see how long i can make it last.Check out the thread over here>
http://androidforums.com/htc-vivid/440934-battery-life.html

Let us know if something still causing vibration :D

No it's fixed thank goodness. Keeping my phone on wifi all day helps a great deal with battery life. If I didn't have wifi access I don't think my phone would make through a work day.

Upvote 0
No it's fixed thank goodness. Keeping my phone on wifi all day helps a great deal with battery life. If I didn't have wifi access I don't think my phone would make through a work day.

Honestly, unless it sits static, you probably wouldn't make it. Mine sits on life support unless I'm mobile....then again, I'm not one for saving energy....lol...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones