1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support icon black backround

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by saywhuut, Sep 25, 2011.

1. saywhuut

saywhuut Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    Is it possible to get rid of the black background of the icon text on the homescreens?

Or do i have to root?

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    Not for sure as i haven't really used the sense ui for more than 10 minutes when i first got the phone but i don't think it can be removed.

If you don't want to root you can always try another launcher. I use launcherpro plus (there is a free version to try) and it has the option to remove the names below the icons. There are a few other launchers too that might have that feature like adw, or go

3. Bulkman

Bulkman Newbie
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    IT
    St Paul, MN
    Not sure what you're describing, but I'm using the Sense GUI & none of my icons have a black background. My icons, as well as the text itself, do not have anything around them.

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I switched over to sense from lpp to check it out and when I place shortcuts on the screen they do have the blackish kind of transparent shading behind the app name. I know some 3rd party apps have the option in their setting to remove the name under the app when you create a shortcut but I'm not seeing the option listed in sense itself.

5. Bulkman

Bulkman Newbie
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    IT
    St Paul, MN
    Very weird, here is a photo of my homepage. Non-rooted, Gingerbread, running Sense.

Attached Files:

6. Bulkman

Bulkman Newbie
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    IT
    St Paul, MN
    OK, I just figured it out. Whether you have the black background on the app names depends on which "scene" you are using.

Go to PERSONALIZE>SCENE, then select a scene that does not use that black icon background (I'm using the HTC scene).

From what I can tell, "stay organized" & "play" scenes use the black background, so maybe you're using one of those?