1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

icon images

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ARedBeard, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ARedBeard

ARedBeard Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2014
    I've use Buzz Launcher and have found some homescreens that I really like. I would like to change some of the icons to fit my personal use, though. How can I edit the icons to reflect what they actually do? Not just change the icon, but actually edit the image file. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

2. ARedBeard

ARedBeard Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2014
    Here is my homescreen. I'd like to change the "applications" button to say "media."

[​IMG]

3. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums.

This thread was moved to the forum where apps are discussed.

... Thom

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Like this?

[​IMG]

I just did a quick install of buzz on a test phone and here's how you do it. First create the button graphic you want using photoshop or some other image editor. Put it on your phone somewhere the gallery can see it.

Now, go to your home screen and long-press the button you want to change ... in this case it's applications. Now, when the pop-up menu appears, chose "edit". From there select the icon on the left that chooses the image, don't worry if it tells there are no images. That's because you haven't selected it yet. You will see two small icons in the upper right that are image icons. Click the square one and it should ask you to chose from the gallery. Pick your icon that you just created and then click "complete". You may have to resize it.

funkylogik likes this.
  5. ARedBeard

ARedBeard Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2014
    yeah, thats what I'm looking for. What are the dimensions of the new image? I was hoping to download the originals to keep the color, font size, etc consistent. Is that possible? What file type should i save images as? Thanks for helping me out!

6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    I just did this down and dirty ... I chose 600 x 100 just as a guess and it cropped part of the image. It was saved as a .png file.

The I can't place the font in the original screen but just use something similar and you shouldn't be able to notice. If you want to be exact, take your screenshot ... aww heck it's easier if I just do it than try to explain ... here you go, right click and save image.

[​IMG]

funkylogik and Mr. Lucky like this.