• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Icon Issue

photek1000

May 14, 2010
Not sure where the issue lies, with Android itself or launcher pro, but I have a strange issue where the icons on the bottom row of my home screen are out of alignment.

The two on the left, SMS and Mail, are widget icons for counters and the two on the right are direct app launchers, but yesterday they stared to show out of alignment.

Any ideas??

snap20101116_115433.png

The alignment issues occur wherever they are, and it seems to be a widget verses app launcher icon issue.

It's just strange that it's only just started, I've been using LP for a long time now.

Just checked in the basic Android launcher and the issue is not there so definitely something on the LP side of things.

Upvote 0
Tis a bug that appears to be cropping up a lot with NON-HTC launchers. Happens with ADW also. Only way I know to fix is to reinstall.....

I was expecting that, but hoping it wouldn't be the case, mind you I've been toying with a new look.

I'd be more worried about your screen tbh . .!

LOL, yes I got that one yesterday to wind up a colleague who dropped theirs and smashed the screen.

Upvote 0
I still get the problem where the dock icons drop down the screen. It's definitely LP problem and seems to happen as the notification bar is removed. Few presses of home (to bring up the notification bar) sorts it out, would be nice if it didn't happen though.

Can't say i've noticed the above, but only have widgets on the screens.

Upvote 0
Although I have blown away the launcher pro profile, installed and uninstalled etc etc, I have actually found the fault, a little late for me, but I was going to have an overhaul anyway.

At the bottom of the Home Screen Settings window there is an option for Auto-Fit Items, this was checked for some reason, un-checking it makes it all ok again.

snap20101116_152458.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones