• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Icon Packs No Longer Recognized By Application

Jan 19, 2013
Hello everyone. Sorry to ask for help so quickly, but I'm not sure where else to turn. Here is the story of my woes thus far:
I used to own an HTC Mytouch 3G Slide and I really liked it. Not too long ago I upgraded to an HTC One S, and I really love the phone. One thing bugged me; however, when I got my new phone a certain application that I had stopped being able to recognize icon packs.
I use an application called Wave Launcher, it's a launcher application that's a throwback to some Palm OS functionality, or so I hear. You swipe from an area you determine on the screen and it allows you to launch different applications very intuitively. Anyways, rather than using the stock folder and application icons, you can use different ADW icon packs to customize the look of the applications in the menu as you launch them.
For some reason, with the HTC One S, it will not recognize the icon packs. When I go to pick the icon packs from the settings menu, they are not there. What is odd though, is that when I go to the menu it appears to recognize the number of icon packs that are there, but will not show me them or let me select them. When I add or remove ADW icon packs, the menu screen where the icon packs should show up shrinks or grows appropriately, which seems weird to me.
Does anybody know of a way to fix this? Perhaps I have to move the icon packs to a different location on my phone now? I know that my new phone only sports internal memory with no removable media, so maybe that has something to do with it?
Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you very much. :)

First off, Hello Ryan. Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate your help. :)
Well, it has happened with every icon pack I've tried since the new phone; I have tried some of the same and many new ones.
There is only one weird exception: when I attempt to change the icon, Wave Launcher forms the empty list of icon packs like it always does; however, Wave Launcher also allows you to use pictures from your phone as custom icons, and so above the list of icon packs, as there has always been, there is the option to pick an image from the phone to make a custom icon. If I select that, for some reason, 'AP7 Icons' shows up along with 'Gallery,' 'ES File Explorer,' and 'Dropbox' as ways of selecting an image to use. When I pick 'AP7 Icons,' it lets me go through all of its icons and select one, but it doesn't actually change it in Wave Launcher.
Sorry for being so long-winded, I just wanted to make sure I got everything I knew out to make this easier.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones