• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Icon problem

Brunny

May 19, 2012
I have found some threads about a similar problem to mine but this seems a bit different.

After connecting my phone to a PC as disk drive and then removing it all the icons on my home screens for apps on my SD card remain as default android icons instead of returning to their normal look

Unusually, if I press them they actually work, and the icons on the main application screen DO revert back. I have been solving this at first by painstakingly removing each faulty icon and replacing it again from the main apps page. I since found a slightly quicker way which is to do a "hot reboot" (whatever that is!), sometimes 2 or 3 times before all icons revert to their correct look.

I'd really like to find a way to just stop this happening in the first place.

I'm using an HTC Desire HD running Honey3D which I just recently flashed so maybe the ROM is causing the problem?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones