• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Iconia a500 turning off at night and loosing battery....

Yeah, I missed the bit about being completely powered off in the original post.
This is a different problem, caused by non stock ROMs misreporting the battery level as 100% rather than battery drain.

A fix for this problem is described here
How To Fix Battery Drain Issue On A Rooted Android Device

But it sounds like JiggaGeazY's solution is also super effective.

Actually there is another theory i'm backing over at xda........the tablet is crashing in sleep mode and the tablet thinks it's on and drainning power because while long pressing the tablet to turn on i would actually have to long press the power button twice. Once was turning the tablet off and the second was turning it on. Plus the power drain i was getting was dead on with his theory and so was the sequence of power button presses. either way i fixed it and i'm happy! LOL thanks for the opinions and help though.

Upvote 0
One quick addition.... I don't know about when the display is off, but I *KNOW*
that when it's on, if you aren't using GPS, but have it enabled, it is a serious battery
hog.....

Later,
--jim

--
THE SCORE: ME: 2 CANCER: 0
73 DE N5IAL (/4) MiSTie #49997 < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
spooky130u@gmail.com ICBM/Hurricane: 30.44406N 86.59909W

Android Apps Listing at Jim's Android Apps (barcode links)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones