• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Icons are way too small

JackieRose

Lurker
Sep 8, 2010
Hey, I just got Launcher Pro Plus, so forgive me for being a total newb at this...but i downloaded some individual icons from a website and they are sized 512 x 512 and i sent them via bluetooth to my phone and when i go to change an icon on my dock in LP the icon changes but it's teeny tiny...way to small to see...what am i doing wrong? all icons i find are 512 x 512 but from what ive found through searches people say they should be 48 x 48 but i can't even imagine how small that would be on my dock if the 512s are so small. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

:thinking:

The 512x512 Images you are putting up on the device are probably not actually 512x512 or something is happening in translation. My best advice to you as a design company owner, and designer myself would be to look up my channel on youtube - User - PluggedIn2010 - and watch some of the tutorials there. I have included a link below to it. On the other side, If you would like, send us the images you want resized via this messaging system here, or email : fluxboxmedia@gmail.com. We can do icons for you anyway you like. IF you would like them just standard icons 85x85 or so for your application space we can do that, if you would like them to be 3x1 as used in the DesktopVisualizer Theme style, we can do that also. IF you wish to do it yourself, the icons in or on average for the application space are 85x85 to 115x115 completely resizable via LauncherProPlus. Our thoughts are for you to get the image to a computer, and then edit them using either Photoshop or Corel or some type of image editing software. Then transfer to your device's sd card then select them as a custom icon. If you need help, let us know. WE are always willing to help!

Thanks.
Enjoy it, launcher Pro Plus is RAWRSOME!

PluggedIn2010 Youtube Now

Upvote 0
Ok, i watched some videos and as detailed as they are im not very photoshop savvy lol But i tried by opening the icon i want in photoshop and went to resize it and the photo size said 512 x 512 (this is in Photoshop) and so i tried to manually put it on my sd card via usb instead of bluetooth bc i thought maybe that might have something to do with it but the icons are still coming out to be really small.

Here is a pic and i have 3 different icons from 3 different packs and they all are teeny tiny even though their sizes aren't...are they supposed to be THIS small?

2010-12-02151934.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok those are the icons on the dock...Now I understand you. Yes by default the LauncherPro App will automatically by default resize the icon to i believe the default which is 115x115, which will make it squished. To get a better resolution, have someone update it for you. This is normal. However when you get large images, it will compress them to not clear sizes.
Just email us if you would like to, or we also do voice Meetings via skype and such to help users. Interactive tutorials.
Let us know.

FBM

Reactions: Imposter
Upvote 0
I also have a question, sorry for hijacking the thread. I need to resize some icons that I downloaded. I'm pretty sure I saw that they're 256x256 but today when I looked, I see 16x16.The file type is .ico and I can't open them in Photoshop. I found a .ico plugin for PS and plugged it into file formats but it still doesn't work.

Upvote 0
Ok, i watched some videos and as detailed as they are im not very photoshop savvy lol But i tried by opening the icon i want in photoshop and went to resize it and the photo size said 512 x 512 (this is in Photoshop) and so i tried to manually put it on my sd card via usb instead of bluetooth bc i thought maybe that might have something to do with it but the icons are still coming out to be really small.

Here is a pic and i have 3 different icons from 3 different packs and they all are teeny tiny even though their sizes aren't...are they supposed to be THIS small?

2010-12-02151934.jpg

I am not trying to hi-jack this thread. However, what clock skin is that? I love the numbers, very nice and cool looking. :)

Update: Nevermind, I either found it or found one very similar through Beautiful Widgets, you have a nice set up there by the way. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones