1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Icons change to default after rebooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ttom37, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Ttom37

Ttom37 Newbie

Something real strange happens when I turn my phone off and on again or if it reboots for any reason.

Three (all Android Market apps) of my shortcut icons on the home screen are replaced by a blue generic looking icon. They still work as shortcut though. The way to fix this is to delete them from the home screen and then set up a new shortcut: The app icon shows up as expected.......... until the next time I turn off my Razr. Annoying to say the least.

Anybody has seen this before? All other icons don't do this.

Looks like nobody else has that issue. Maybe a hardware problem ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xtro123

xtro123 Lurker

I have the same problem w/my Droid Razr. A lot of the more recent apps that I downloaded; the shortcuts turn to the default blue when I reboot the phone. I have to delete them and add them again to get the right look of the icon. Very annoying..

3. HTTR

HTTR Android Enthusiast

Are you stock or rooted? Running stock launcher or another one (Go, ADW)?

4. xtro123

xtro123 Lurker

im not rooted, and im not using any kind of launch app

5. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

Are you rooted and have you frozen any apps?

6. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast

My icons don't change.

But my screen timeout will sometimes change to 15 seconds. I like it set to 1 minute so I find that I have to change it roughly twice a week back to 1 minute.

Pretty sure it's an app that's doing it. No clue which one though.

7. Ricebandit

Ricebandit Lurker

Hopefully, by now you've found a solution for this. If not, can you check if the apps that the icons represent are on your SD card? I noticed this on mine and realized that I had a low-grade card with a slow response time (latency). After rebooting, it would typically take a minute or two for the icons to display correctly, presumably because the apps need to load before their icons show.

8. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Android Enthusiast

What exactly would you say a low grade card is, in terms of its class ?
    p.s : class in the sense like...class 2, class 4 etc

9. thedrizl

thedrizl Android Enthusiast

haven't had this problem, but i have experienced something similar. when my RAZR reboots all of my custom notifications have changed, and i have quite a few different one set up, so it's a pain to have to change them all back. anyone else have this issue?

10. WaitWhat

WaitWhat Lurker

I found that after I moved certain programs to my SD card, when I reboot, the icons for those programs became generic icons (blue). The solution: move the programs back to the phone and reboot. All program icons return.

Hope this helps. :cool:

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews