1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Icons move around ??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by curano, Jan 25, 2021.

1. curano

curano Newbie

Pixel 4 Android 11
    I have detected a strange behaviour with my device.
    When I open an app who is not placed in one of the 5 bottom places, the icon of this app shows up in one of the bottom places.
    I can't remove it from there.
    Starting another app will place its icon in one of the bottom place.
    As far as I can see, only the 2 places to the right are involved. The other three ones are not concerned.
    What happens here.
    Some settings to be modified ?
    Thanks for advice

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

are you using a custom launcher? if not then i would highly recommend you try one. it is almost like getting a new phone. they are very customizable and easy to set up. my choice would be nova which is free. if you like it i would then get nova prime which unlocks even more features, but its not free ($5.00 one time only).

Dannydet and Hadron like this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Is there some option in your launcher settings that lets it decide which "frequently used" apps should appear in the dock (the line of icons at the bottom)? Because that's what this sounds like to me, some "intelligence" in the phone trying to be "helpful". And if they have provided a setting to control that then you may be able to stop it (but given that Google don't let you choose whether you have their "heads up" widget or their search bar on your homescreen I'd not be totally surprised if the arrogant SOBs have not given you a choice).

Ironically I do have a Pixel myself, but only used the Pixel launcher for 2 minutes before deciding that it wasn't what I wanted and ditched it, and hence don't know what options it now has (it didn't do this back in 2017, which is the last time I used their launcher).

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  4. curano

curano Newbie

Thanks for your answers.
    Where do I find the launcher settings ?

5. curano

curano Newbie

Okay, I found the place !
    Thanks a lot!

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Good luck!

NightAngel79 and ocnbrze like this.
  7. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Was this happening on the home screen or at the multitasking screen, where you can switch between your recent applications? The multitasking screen will suggest frequently-used apps at the bottom of the screen and I wonder if that might be what you're seeing.

Hadron likes this.

Google Pixel 4 & 4 XL Forum

The Google Pixel 4 & 4 XL release date was October 2019. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch or 6.3" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 855 processor, and 2800mAh or 3700mAh battery.

October 2019
Release Date
Reviews