• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS: Add shortcut to home screen?

apps: go to app drawer and long press what ever app you want a short cut to. your home screen will appear and put it where you want.

contacts: there is the a widget that you can store multiple contacts in an access them by pulling it down. go to app drawer and across the top scroll over to widgets then scroll the screen till you see the contact widget and long press it to put on your home screen.

Reactions: mswhite60
Upvote 0
Thanks, dfib...yeah I know about apps and that widget. Let's use Navigation, as that is specifically what I wanted to do today. Anyone have any idea?

EDIT: clarification - what I mean by "navigation" is a shortcut to navigate to a specific address. Used to be able to do this in GB with a long press on the home screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones