1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support ICS and HTC 3 button headphones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pk1209, Apr 20, 2012.

1. pk1209

pk1209 Newbie
    None

May 1, 2010
    Hi,

Just upgraded to ICS, and am having some probs with the HTC 3 button headphones I'm using. I use player pro as my music player. Before ICS I had it so the other 2 buttons were set as previous and next track, but now no matter what I try they just control the volume.

I tried a couple of remapping apps but it's still the same, the buttons just seen to want to do volume?

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Pk

Advertisement

2. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2012
    Male
    India
    Is the issue present only with player pro or even the stock music app?

It is possible that post the update Samsung has made certain changes that makes the HTC device not 100% compatible anymore, though it is also possible they come up with a patch to fix it, but unless the issue is widespread I wouldn't expect that to happen.

3. pk1209

pk1209 Newbie
    None

May 1, 2010
    Nothing doing on the stock app. It's weird, the head phone button apps just don't recognise the 2 other buttons, but Android obviously does as they control the volume.

Maybe the apps will get updated...

4. iynCognito

iynCognito Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    The function off the HTC headphone buttons looks to have been reassigned on the ics update . They work as volume buttons note only instead of skip. This is across all apps (I use mort music player). However you can presumably still use the double and triple click of the call/play button to skip, so no loss of functionality there.in fact, I think it is an improvement!