1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ICS back to 2.3.5..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redrider67, Apr 18, 2012.

1. redrider67

redrider67 Android Enthusiast

Here's the deal phone was on 2.3.6 I flashed it with ICS ran it for a few days still a little to buggy for me.

Followed instructions and went back to 2.3.5 and figured the OTA for 2.3.6 would download and install, downloads the update then fails at 25% of the install.

Few people over at XDA have had similar problems trying to see if anybody has the file for 2.3.6.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gmoney5588

gmoney5588 Member

i did the same.. i followed the steps that was posted on one of the stickies, but when i downgraded,it downgraded 2.3.5 and now the phone's completely crapped out. i can't make phone calls or use 90% of the phone's functions... i'm going to try and get the att store to repair it for me, or have them replace the phone for me

3. redrider67

I get my new Skyrocket tomorrow, I went to an AT&T device store Friday they flashed there version of 2.3.5 and it still wouldn't update to 2.3.6.

My phone still works, did you do a factory reset? Mine did the same as yours until I did the reset.

4. gmoney5588

gmoney5588 Member

yeah i reset it few times... i tried it again and again, and somehow it started working now... i have no idea wtf the problem was... i'm going to go to the store tomorrow. did they give u a replacement phone while it was away?

5. redrider67

My phone still works it just wouldn't update to 2.3.6, I get the new one tomorrow and have to send my old one back.

They shipped it Friday the 20th the day I went to the AT&T Device Support Center personally it was an hour drive for me to get there.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews