• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ICS/CM9-JB/CM10 Development Thread

Okay that booted. No adb as expected. And there's that pesky sdcard happy as a clam, lol.

Now let's see if I can replace the kernel with my own build, and start looking at the usb code.

you can do adb through wifi btw if you wanna see whats going on. I never saw anything to help for fixing usb but maybe you can.

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
Yeah I have adb over wifi running. Nothing in dmesg seems to indicate any usb issues.

Oh, and the cameras seem to work great. We gotta get this going! :D

yea I couldn't find any problems other than usb and ril.

I added our ril shit from the gingerbread kernel to the 3.0.8 one last night, phone still boots but since the files were for a 2.6.35.7 kernel I dunno if they'll work with this.

Upvote 0
you can do adb through wifi btw if you wanna see whats going on. I never saw anything to help for fixing usb but maybe you can.

First thing you see in dmesg when plugging in a USB cable on the GB kernel is this:

<7>[ 104.268066] lge_usb_dp_dm_check: D+ and D- lines are open

Now, look at the P970 and LS855 GB sources. It appears in the LS855 sources in the file drivers/usb/otg/twl4030-usb.c, but not in the P970 sources.

lge_usb_dp_dm_check() is called from twl4030_usb_linkstat() in that same file (btw, the latter is static, which means the former really should be also). Note that in the diff between LS855 and P970, that call to twl4030_usb_linkstat() is in a section specific to LS855 and inside "#ifdef CONFIG_LGE_OMAP3_EXT_PWR".

The task now is to figure out which of the diffs are relevant and how to cleanly apply them to the 3.0.8 tree.

Reactions: Bloodawn
Upvote 0
First thing you see in dmesg when plugging in a USB cable on the GB kernel is this:

<7>[ 104.268066] lge_usb_dp_dm_check: D+ and D- lines are open

Now, look at the P970 and LS855 GB sources. It appears in the LS855 sources in the file drivers/usb/otg/twl4030-usb.c, but not in the P970 sources.

lge_usb_dp_dm_check() is called from twl4030_usb_linkstat() in that same file (btw, the latter is static, which means the former really should be also). Note that in the diff between LS855 and P970, that call to twl4030_usb_linkstat() is in a section specific to LS855 and inside "#ifdef CONFIG_LGE_OMAP3_EXT_PWR".

The task now is to figure out which of the diffs are relevant and how to cleanly apply them to the 3.0.8 tree.

My God........ you guys are so far over my head I can't even pretend to know what you are talking about. I am in absolute awe of all of you devs.

Upvote 0
It seems the phone thinks it's always charging. That is surely another symptom of the same underlying issue.

I'm digging through the GB P970 vs. GB LS855 ZVC diffs. There's a lot to go through but I should be able to figure it out.

Also note that it seems CONFIG_LGE_LAB3_BOARD is unset for the P970 but set for the LS855. Enabling it produces some compilation errors, I'm working through those as well.

Upvote 0
Oh, and turning the power off ... doesn't. The LG logo comes up and this fugly white battery icon shows on the screen. That's probably a different but related issue. Maybe once I get a good compile with CONFIG_LGE_LAB3_BOARD and CONFIG_LGE_OMAP3_EXT_PWR set, it will resolve itself. Yeah, I tend to be an optimist lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones