• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ICS/CM9-JB/CM10 Development Thread

Alright so I finally finished work for the PAC team. I'm their build/gerrit guy, in case you didn't know. Which may seem odd since I don't run it on my devices, but I like to do build infrastructure and server stuff and the other teams have those things covered.

So picked up my old LS855 again and I'm seriously working on it. I have the old busted one here with me and the battery seems to be utterly and completely unable to hold a charge. Interesting to note that the phone doesn't draw enough current from a PC to keep it stable -- it invariably reboots itself less than 2 minutes after power on. But it does draw enough from a wall charger to stay up. I'll try to remember to bring in my good one tomorrow...

Upvote 0
Alright so I finally finished work for the PAC team. I'm their build/gerrit guy, in case you didn't know. Which may seem odd since I don't run it on my devices, but I like to do build infrastructure and server stuff and the other teams have those things covered.

So picked up my old LS855 again and I'm seriously working on it. I have the old busted one here with me and the battery seems to be utterly and completely unable to hold a charge. Interesting to note that the phone doesn't draw enough current from a PC to keep it stable -- it invariably reboots itself less than 2 minutes after power on. But it does draw enough from a wall charger to stay up. I'll try to remember to bring in my good one tomorrow...

Let me know if you need a battery Tdm. I have several and don't mind sending you one if you need it. Send me a PM with your name and address bro. I'll get it sent out in a few days. :D

Upvote 0
Okay so the battery issue with the old phone seems to be pilot error. Apparently my CM10 build isn't switching out of 1000mhz and this causes serious battery drain (duh!) After leaving it on the wall charger for a while, it seems to be charging well. So that means I have two functional devices to break .. err .. develop on. :)

Onward and upward...

Upvote 0
Okay so the battery issue with the old phone seems to be pilot error. Apparently my CM10 build isn't switching out of 1000mhz and this causes serious battery drain (duh!) After leaving it on the wall charger for a while, it seems to be charging well. So that means I have two functional devices to break .. err .. develop on. :)

Onward and upward...

I feel the same way when breaking er...compiling Linux kernels. I wish ya the best of luck.

Upvote 0
Got the hyper-ics 2.6.35 kernel sources downloaded and compiled. Forgot that blooddawn's stuff needs linaro, but it's all cool.

Also got the reference 3.0.8 kernel sources that I was working on a while back.

So tomorrow I'm going to start trying to upgrade the hyper-ics sources in chunks. First the video drivers because that is what the camera needs.

Upvote 0
Got a few things figured out ...

rild was crashing because I didn't have getRadioVoiceTechnology() disabled. Fixed.

GPS wasn't working because I didn't have the icu4c symbol patch applied. Fixed.

CPU was stuck at 1000mhz because init was spinning. The sysfs usb files for the old and new kernels are different. hacked around that temporarily. haven't seen deep sleep entered yet though.

So now I'm back at a reasonably stable build and hacking on the kernel again...

Upvote 0
:( I can't download anything from getquattrimus.com it says the domain is expired.Anyone know if it will be back up? Anyways its good to know Tdm and Bloodawn are still working with the Marquee.Thank you for all the awesome roms you've made with this phone,and bloodawn are you planning to make another CT mod?I'm not saying that ctmod 3.80 sucks I'm just want to know.

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones