1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ics coming march 1!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xphyle, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Xphyle

Xphyle Member

rayturner likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

if rooted, can we just upgrade through OTA?

3. bumwithshoes

bumwithshoes Newbie

After last update I think i'll wait til it's tested by other GSII users.

4. Rolex81

Rolex81 Newbie

This will be for the international version not the ATT

5. bumwithshoes

bumwithshoes Newbie

AT&T make us wait and wait same as the Froyo update.

6. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

why did you first complain about waiting till others test it, and now about having to wait for att? thats pretty contradictory in my opinion

7. bumwithshoes

bumwithshoes Newbie

It's the AT&T way.We got Froyo on the Captivate after Gingerbread was first released and it wasn't all that.Don't get me wrong i'm interested in ICS but really be surprised if AT&T rolls it out to GS2.

8. (G)

(G) Android Expert

Me, too.

9. misterrunon

misterrunon Well-Known Member

i don't see how that is contradictory. att says they will release the ROM, then delay it for 4 months. and when it does come out, the battery life is horrible... which means he'll wait until there is a fix or a custom ROM based on that build.

10. tigerck127

tigerck127 Newbie

Wow... I want ICS to be released to AT&T GS2 )=

I've been waiting for the news...

Sigh...

11. dizastermike

dizastermike Lurker

i want att to release this soooo bad .. :-/

12. fldude99

fldude99 Android Expert

From the little I know, ICS is not a big deal. I certainly wouldn't be even spending any time wanting it "bad". When/if it comes it will be here.. If not, GB is fine. At least 2.3.4

13. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

ICS is a major update as far as android OS's go. However, people need to relax. When it comes, it comes.

14. tigerck127

tigerck127 Newbie

Is anyone using the 2.3.6?

I found it faulty after I updated to it when it was released.

I downgraded back to 2.3.4 and it's certainly better than the 2.3.6

15. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

At&t averages between 6-8 months to roll out the update.

8 months for the Captivate to receive 2.2
    8 months for the Infuse to receive 2.3
    6 months for the Inspire to reciece 2.3
    4 months for the Atrix to receive 2.3
    9 months for the Phoenix to receive 2.3
    Currently month number 5 for the Thrill that's still stuck on 2.2. It was promised 2.3 within a few weeks of the release date.

16. chienb

chienb Newbie

wow... just wow for ATT

17. (G)

(G) Android Expert

I still say: there's no guarantee that ICS will solve the poor battery life problem. Plus, ICS may bring a whole host of new problems to an otherwise good phone. I watched my OG Droid slow down and down and down with every update. Right now, except for marginal battery life, my SG2 is running GREAT.

So, to me, if we have to wait 9 months for ICS, fine. I've got a really slick phone right now.

18. fldude99

fldude99 Android Expert

+ 1 to this. To those craving an update, I have a Transformer tablet that updated to ICS yesterday and I can tell you it's not all that. Lot of force closes and occasional extreme lag to the point of having to reboot. GB works fine on the S2 and I have zero desire to put ICS on it. I hope you can refuse the update when it's finally available..which is never hopefully

19. acp

acp Android Expert

Agree with the people who said be careful what you wish for, and by the time we get ICS it will be time to drool over the SGS3 and the iPhone 5.

20. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

a single drop of drool will never leave my mouth for the iphone 5, the sgsIII is a different story though

21. acp

acp Android Expert

I'll never be a fanboy of any manufacturer, it's simply annoying to be that way. The iphone 5 could be an amazing phone, lack of flash being the biggest downfall.

The one thing I'm hoping for in any Samsung update is some kind of voice activation ability similar to 2.3.4 when you could double tap the home button but I'm sure this will require rooting and going back to 2.3.4 or some other root/hack.

22. hyp3rdr1v3

hyp3rdr1v3 Newbie

Any word from our international brethren in regards to ICS? This story was too good to be true all along

23. j510

j510 Member

Why would you think it would come out march 1st? We have the whole month left. Anyway it will most likely be for international version so don't get your hopes up too high.

Sent from my HTC EVO View using Tapatalk.

24. hyp3rdr1v3

hyp3rdr1v3 Newbie

That was my point?

25. j510

j510 Member

Yes

Sent from my HTC EVO View using Tapatalk.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews